Hobkirk was sometimes known as "Hopekirk". Part of the parish of Abbotrule was annexed to Hobkirk in 1777. The present parish church was built in 1869.
Robert Elliott (1762–1810) was born in Hobkirk and emigrated to Louiseville, Quebec. His great-great granddaughter was Grace Elliott (1890–1973), mother of 15th Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau (1919–2000) and paternal grandmother of 23rd Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (b. 1971).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hobkirk.|
- RCAHMS record for Hobkirk Parish
- Gazetteer for Scotland: Map of the Parish of Hobkirk
- Old Roads of Scotland: Hobkirk to Carter Bar
- GENUKI: Hobkirk, formerly Hopekirk
- Hobkirk Church of Scotland
- Parish of Hobkirk and Southdean with Rubers Law
|This Scottish Borders location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|