|Public (LSE: HOC)|
|Eduardo Hochschild, Chairman
Roberto Dañino, Deputy Chairman
Ignacio Bustamante, CEO
|Revenue||$622.2 million (2013)|
|$17.7 million (2013)|
Hochschild Mining plc is a leading British-based silver and gold mining business operating in North, Central and South America. It is headquartered in London, is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. The main shareholder is the Peruvian businessman Eduardo Hochschild.
The company was founded in 1911 by Mauricio Hochschild. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2006. It started operations at the San José mine in Argentina in June 2007, at the Moris mine in Mexico in August 2007 and at the Pallancata mine in southern Peru in September 2007.
In 2012 local people in Chumbivilcas complained about the Ares mine and the government of Peru decided to suspend operations in Ares on a temporary basis so it could carry out an environmental audit.
The Company has mines in the following locations:
- Annual Report 2013
- Hochschild plans London IPO Mining Journal, 13 October 2006
- Hochschild, Minera Andes settle lawsuit Mining Weekly, 21 September 2010
- Hochschild Mining - production commences at Moris mine in Mexico Mineweb, 13 August 2007
- Pallancata Mine International Minerals
- HudBay Minerals says Peru copper project on track Marketwatch, 13 February 2012