|• Total||24.13 km2 (9.32 sq mi)|
|• Density||130/km2 (340/sq mi)|
|Racial makeup (2011)|
|• Black African||39.4%|
|First languages (2011)|
|• Northern Sotho||11.7%|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (SAST)|
|Postal code (street)||1380|
Hoedspruit (Afrikaans for Hat Creek) is a town situated at the foot of the Klein Drakensberg (Afrikaans for "Small Dragon Mountains" range), in the Limpopo province of South Africa, on the railway line from Tzaneen to Kaapmuiden.
Air Force Base Hoedspruit and Eastgate Airport
Air Force Base Hoedspruit is home to 19 Squadron, a helicopter unit of the South African Air Force. The civil Eastgate Airport, which shares the Air Force base's airfield is, as of May 2015[update], served by South African Express scheduled flights and several charter operators.
A feasibility study was conducted[when?] on whether the airport could be upgraded to international status. The airport accommodated 57 000 passengers between 2008 and 2009 and has the capacity to handle between 10 000 and 11 000 additional passengers.
This section does not cite any sources. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hoedspruit has various primary and secondary schools:
- Laerskool Drakensig
- Hoespruit Christian School
- Southern Cross Schools
- Laerskool Mariepskop
- Hoedspruit Independent College
- Lowveld Academy
- Hoedsruit Secondary School
- "Main Place Hoedspruit". Census 2011.
- "Hoedspruit Airport Manyeleti - Easy flight access to Kruger Airport and Manyeleti Game Reserve". Manyeleti.com. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- "Hoedspruit Airport - General Information". Eastgateairport.co.za. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- "Hoedspruit Airport - Flight Schedules". Eastgateairport.co.za. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- "Hoedspruit Airport - Private Charters". Eastgateairport.co.za. Retrieved 2015-05-13.
|This Limpopo location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|