|Alma mater||Seoul National University|
|Website||Hoesung Lee[permanent dead link]|
|Revised Romanization||I Hoeseong|
Hoesung Lee (born December 31, 1945) is a South Korean economist and current chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. He is professor in the economics of climate change, energy and sustainable development in the Graduate School of Energy, Environment, Policy & Technology at Korea University in the Republic of Korea. Lee received his B.A. in economics from Seoul National University and a Ph.D. in economics from Rutgers University. Lee began his career as an economist working for ExxonMobil. Lee was elected as the chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) on October 6, 2015. One of his elder brothers is Lee Hoi-chang, former Prime Minister of South Korea and three-time presidential candidate.
In his opening statement as Chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) at the 48th Session held in Incheon, Korea in October 2018, he described this IPCC meeting as "one of the most important" in its history. The landmark Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5ºC (SR15) was released at the meeting on October 8, 2018.
- 이회성 [Lee Hoesung]. Daum encyclopedia (in Korean). Kakao. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- "Hoesung Lee : CV" (HTML). Ipcc.ch. Retrieved 2019-04-15.
- "Hoesung Lee : CV" (PDF). Ipcc.ch. Retrieved 2017-09-10.
- "IPCC elects Hoesung Lee of Republic of Korea as Chair" (PDF). Ipccc.ch. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- Lee, Hoesung (October 1, 2018). "Opening Statement" (PDF). IPCC. IPCC 48th Session of the IPCC. Incheon, Korea. Retrieved October 8, 2018.
- Scientists, Governments Discuss Crucial IPCC Report on Climate Change, Incheon, Republic of Korea: EcoWatch, October 7, 2018, retrieved October 7, 2018
- Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5ºC (Report). Incheon, Republic of Korea: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). October 7, 2018. Retrieved October 7, 2018.
- Watts, Jonathan (October 8, 2019). "We have 12 years to limit climate change catastrophe, warns UN". The Guardian. Retrieved October 8, 2018.
Rajendra K. Pachauri
| Chair of the IPCC
|This biographical article about a South Korean personality is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|