Hoffman Franklin Fuller
Hoffman Franklin Fuller
Place of birth missing
|Residence||Destrehan, St. Charles Parish|
|Alma mater||Bossier High School|
Tulane University Law School
Professor-emeritus at Tulane University Law School
|Spouse(s)||Wynelle Tanner Fuller|
|Children||Two children, including:|
Charles Hoffman Fuller
|Parent(s)||Modena P. and Hoffman L. Fuller|
Hoffman Franklin Fuller (born February 1932) is an attorney and professor-emeritus at his alma mater, the Tulane University Law School in New Orleans, Louisiana. He is notable as a national authority on tax law.
Fuller was born in Bossier City, the only child of Modena P. Fuller (1900-1982) and Hoffman L. Fuller (1899-1983). His father was the four-term mayor of Bossier City, Louisiana, serving from 1937 to 1953. He attended local segregated schools and was the 1950 valedictorian at Bossier High School.
He graduated first in his class from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, and Tulane Law School, from which he received his Juris Doctor degree in 1956. He is a member of the Order of the Coif. After college, he served in the military as an officer of the Judge Advocate General's Corps for the United States Air Force.
In 1960, Fuller joined the Tulane law faculty. Since 1961, he had been chairman of the annual Tulane Tax Institute. From 1972 to 1977, he was associate dean for academic affairs at Tulane. He is the co-author with Harry H. Haden of a 1967 textbook on federal taxation.
Fuller also served on the board of the Louisiana State Bar Association.
He is researching the role of tax avoidance regarding tax laws and regulations. He has been a visiting lecturer at Chuo University in Tokyo and a visiting fellow at Fitzwilliam College of Cambridge University in England. At the end of the 2006-2007 academic year, he retired from teaching courses in, primarily, income taxation and contracts.
Legacy and honors
- In 2009, Fuller was inducted into the Bossier High School Hall of Fame.
- The Hoffman F. Fuller Associate Professor of Tax Law at Tulane is named in his honor.
- "Hoffman Fuller, February 1932". Louisiana Secretary of State. Retrieved February 19, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- "Hoffman Franklin Fuller". law.Tulane.edu. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "Modena P. Fuller". findagrave.com. Retrieved January 3, 2014.
- "Hoffman Lee Fuller". The Shreveport Times. June 21, 1983. p. 7-A. Retrieved January 3, 2015.
- Federal Taxation: Text and Cases. Charlottesville, Virginia: Michie Company. 1967. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "Hall of Fame: Bossier High School honors alumni". The Forum Newsweekly magazine. October 21, 2009. Archived from the original on January 20, 2015. Retrieved February 19, 2015.
- "Shu-Yi Oei named first Hoffman F. Fuller Associate Professor of Tax Law". law.tulane.edudate=April 14, 2014. Retrieved January 3, 2015.