Hogg Robinson Group
|Nigel Northridge, Chairman
David Radcliffe, Chief Executive Officer
Hogg Robinson Group is a publicly listed international corporate services organisation with headquarters in the UK. Their brands include Fraedom, a rapidly expanding software company that specialises in expense management and advanced payment technology, HRG, a global travel management company and eWings.com, a travel management company for small to medium-sized companies. Hogg Robinson Group wholly acquired Spendvision in 2012, before rebranding it as Fraedom in 2015.
Hogg Robinson Group was founded in 1845 by brothers-in-law Francis Hogg, a young wine merchant, and Augustus Robinson, an insurance broker. The partnership developed mercantile and insurance interests from offices in Birchin Lane in the City of London.
In March 2018, an agreed takeover by American Express Global Business Travel was announced, at a near 54% premium to the then share price, for £393.1 million; along with an agreement to sell Fraedom, its payments technology business, to Visa Inc for £141.8 million.
- "Hogg Robinson Group Acquires Digital Travel Innovator eWings.com – Hogg Robinson Group". www.hoggrobinson.com. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "HRG to buy remaining shares in Spendvision". breakingtravelnews.com. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "News - Buying Business Travel". buyingbusinesstravel.com. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- http://www.abtn.co.uk/news/1517109-hrg-agrees-deal-buy-100-spendvision[permanent dead link]
- "HRG creates Fraedom, Seekda launches platform, Epteca unveils ancillary platform, and more..." tnooz.com. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- Editorial, Reuters. "UK's Hogg Robinson gets AmEx GBT takeover offer, to sell unit to Visa". reuters.com. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- Gill, Oliver (9 February 2018). "Hogg Robinson shares rocket 50 per cent – here's why". cityam.com. Retrieved 28 March 2018.
- "American Express Global Business Travel to acquire Hogg Robinson Group - Amex GBT - United States". amexglobalbusinesstravel.com. Retrieved 28 March 2018.