|Hoima Regional Referral Hospital|
|Uganda Ministry of Health|
|Location||Hoima, Hoima District, Bunyoro sub-region, Uganda|
|Hospital type||General and teaching|
|Lists||Hospitals in Uganda|
|Other links||Hospitals in Uganda
Medical education in Uganda
Hoima Regional Referral Hospital, commonly known as Hoima Hospital, is a hospital in the town of Hoima in Hoima District in the Western Region of Uganda. It is the referral hospital for the districts of Bulisa, Hoima, Kibaale, Kiryandongo, and Masindi.
The hospital is approximately 198 kilometres (123 mi), by road, north-west of Mulago National Referral Hospital, Uganda's largest referral hospital. The coordinates of Hoima Regional Referral Hospital are 01°25'41.0"N, 31°21'16.0"E (Latitude:1.428051; Longitude:31.354451).
Hoima Hospital is a public hospital, funded by the Uganda Ministry of Health, and general care in the hospital is free. It is one of the thirteen Regional Referral Hospitals in Uganda. The hospital is one of the fifteen internship hospitals in Uganda where graduates of Ugandan medical schools can serve one year of internship under the supervision of qualified specialists and consultants. The bed capacity of Hoima Hospital was reported to be 280 in 2013. Of the 337 gazetted staff positions, only 251 were filled as of March 2011, leaving 85 vacant positions.
- "Profile of Hoima Regional Referral Hospital" (PDF). Kampala: Uganda Ministry of Health (UMOH). 6 May 2016. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- GFC (6 May 2016). "Distance between Hoima Referral Hospital, Hoima, Western Region, Uganda and Mulago National Referral Hospital, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- Google (6 May 2016). "Location of Hoima Regional Referral Hospital" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- Michael Mawa; et al. (November 2012). "Report On The State Of Regional Referral Hospitals In Uganda". Kampala: HURINET-U. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- Mugerwa, Francis (21 June 2013). "Staff shortage affecting Hoima hospital". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 27 October 2014.