This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: some paragraphs are too long. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Nickname(s): The town of love and peace|
|• Body||Hojai Municipality Board|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||AS 02|
Hojai is located at  It has an average elevation of 59 metres (193 feet)..
Hojai was a part of Dimasa Kachari Kingdom in medieval times. According to Ahom Buranjee, Dimasa Kachari Kingdom stretches from Dikhu river to Kolong river. The Dimasa Kacharies living in Hojai are known as "Hojai- Kacharies" to others. "Hojai" is one of the clans (Sengphongs) of Dimasa tribe, probably The city "Hojai" got its name from this clan. It was made a subdivision on 15 August 1983 under Nagaon district and after 32 years on the same date it was declared a new district of the state.
There are a number of small scale industries in Hojai, it is also known for its trade hub, there are also lots a of big markets with much of monopoly and competition prevailing as there is boom in all trades.
- Bengali Hindus
- Hindi Bhasi
- Bengali Muslim
- Kachari and some other community
Hojai is an MLA constituency it falls under Nagaon LS constituency. Formerly it was part of Jamunamukh LAC. Since its inception in 1967 it had seen 7 persons being elected as MLAs. The first being Jonab Rahimuddin Ahmed. following him are Idris Ali Fakir, Sadhan Ranjan Sarkar, Santi Ranjan Dasgupta and since 1991, Dr AK Dey has been consistently elected as an MLA, the lone defeat coming in 2006 to AIUDFs Dr. Aditya Langthasa who served as an MLA for a single term but again in 2011 he regained his seat for the fourth term. For the first time in 2016 assembly elections BJP has wrested this seat with the incumbent MLA being Shiladitya Dev.
Administrative duties are carried on from Sankardev Nagar in NH54 where the DC Office, Judicial Courts as well District SP Offices are located. The DC Office campus also houses the Government Circuit House within it.
- LIC of India, Hojai Branch Office, Branch Code: 571, Hojai Main Road, PIN - 782435.
- Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Co. Ltd, Lucky Complex, Main Road, Hojai, PIN - 782435.
- State Bank of India, Hojai Branch
- State Bank of India, Hojai Bazar Branch,Abdul Hamid Road, Opp Gandhi Maidan, P.o. - Hojai.
- ICICI Bank, Hojai Branch,Banshika Nivash, Jk Kedia Road, Po- Hojai
- United Bank of India, Hojai Branch.
- UCO Bank, Hojai Branch.
- Canara Bank, Hojai Branch, FIRST FLOOR, MASJID ROAD P.O. HOJAI.
- Syndicate Bank, Hojai Branch, Station Road.
- AXIS Bank, Hojai Branch, J.K. Kedia Road, Opposite to SBI, Hojai, PIN- 782435.
- HDFC Bank, Hojai Branch.J.K. Kedia Road, Hojai, PIN- 782435.
- Union Bank of India, Hojai Branch, Rajasthan Bhawan, JK Kedia Road, Hojai, PIN-782435.
Bank ATM Service
- State Bank of India, Hojai, Bank Ground Floor.
- HDFC Bank ATM, Hojai, J.K Kedia Raod J.K Kedia Road
- HDFC Bank ATM, Hojai,C/O F.A Enterprise J.K Kedia Road, J.K Kedia Road.
- United Bank of India ATM, Tumpreng Road, Hojai, PIN - 782435.
- ICICI Bank ATM, Islam Nagar, Near Fatehpur Masjid, Hojai Road, Hojai.
- State Bank of India ATM, Gobinda Pally, Hojai
- State Bank of India ATM, Hojai Stadium, Main Road, Hojai
- United Bank of India ATM, Thakurbari Road, Hojai.
- United Bank of India ATM, Natun Bazar, Hojai.
- State Bank of India ATM, HAMM Hospital Complex, Main Road, Hojai
- Punjab National Bank ATM, Main Road Hojai [Near Taaj Mahal]
Hojai is also looking for modern educational development, as such there are several government as well as private educational institutions. Amongst them are -
- Hojai CollegeOfficial website
- Hojai Girls College, Natun Bazaar
- Sankardev Junior College,
- Aryan Academy,
- Aryabhatta Junior College, Pub Dhaniram Pather
- Bibekananda College,
- Radiant Academy Junior College,
- G.C.C Jr college, Rampur
- Ajmal Group of Colleges (for Higher Education) and many others.
All of these institutions are important for imparting quality education at the 10+2 level of Arts, Science and Commerce stream. The Ajmal Group also runs various courses on Vocational Training in its Institutes with the help of its two NGO's, namely, Ajmal Foundation and Markazul Ma'arifOfficial Website. These vocational training is very important for the upliftment and skill development of the educated youths of the region.
It also has some quality educational schools imparting education in English, Assamese, Bengali and Hindi medium. These are:
- Rashtrabhasha High School (Estd- 1946)
- Dakshin Hojai High School.
- Deshabandhu Bidyapith (Girls' & Boys'),
- Gandhi Vidyapeeth Hindi High School,
- DR.Rejaul Karim,
- Abdul Hasib H.S. School (Boys' & Girls'),
- Jatiya Vidyalaya,
- Don Bosco High School, Hojai
- Markaz Academy English High School, Hojai
- New Dawn English School,
- Arunoday public school, Hojai
- Skylark English Academy,
- Morning Glory English School,
- Oxford Academy,
- Bibekananda Academy,
- Bibekananda junior College,
- K.M.K. Memorial Academy,
- Zenith English Academy,
- Rabindra Bidyalaya,
- Happy Child English School, Hojai
- Renaissance Academy
- Sankardev Vidya Niketan etc
Moreover, Noor Nagar M.E. Madrassa, Hojai too has renowned science stream college as like Deshbandhu Bidyapith (H.S.) School, Ariyan Institute of Computer Technology (AICT - run by Village Development Association NGO) Padumpukhuri Natun Bazar Kapashbari Bari, etc.
A number of Computer Training Institutes has also been established in Hojai to promote computer Education. Among them are:
- Markaz CAM-DTP CentreOfficial website, Markazul Ma'arifOfficial Website (courses affiliated to NIELITOfficial website, Chandigarh & NCPULOfficial website, Delhi), Markaz Road, Madani Nagar, Hojai.
- Abacus Institute of Information Technology (AIIT)
- Computers & Careers (C&C), Krishna Nagar, Sanibari Road, Hojai.
- Asian Infotech, Kalibari.
On July 26 July 2016 Assam's honorable chief minister Mr. Sarbananda Sanowal proposed a university to be set up in Hojai to be named after Rabindra Nath Tagore.
Hojai has a good facility of Medical services within the City. Pharmacies as well as Chemist Shops could be found everywhere within the city limits. In case of an emergency, a 24*7 Helpline Number 108 could be dialed to call an Ambulance. Many private as well as government hospitals are providing quality services in the area. These hospitals are:
- Haji Abdul Majid Memorial Hospital (HAMM) & Research Centre, Main Road, Hojai.website
- 'Hojai FRU, Natun Bazar,hojai
- Jugijan CHC & Model Hospital, Jugijan.
- Dey's Nursing Home,Thakurbari Road, Krishna Nagar, Hojai
Moreover, the Haji Abdul Majid Memorial Hospital(HAMM) and Research Center is a sophisticated hospital with 500-bed hospital – one of the largest rural charitable hospitals in South East Asia. Inaugurated in 1995 by Late Reverend St. Mother TeresaOrganisational Website, at a ceremony attended by the Chief Minister of Assam, The Governors of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and by the late Shri. Rajesh Pilot, the then Honorable Union Minister of Environment at the time, it offers free treatment to the poor. Its charitable dispensary, established in 1986, treats over 300 patients for free every day. Till date, over 25 lakh people without distinction of caste, creed or religion have benefited from the free medication. Finally, the Haji Abdul Majid Memorial Hospital & Research Centre will become a full-fledged Medical College.
The Hospital has a sophisticated operating theatre with good facilities and dedicated doctors, specialists performing intricate surgical operations. The Hospital also has a dental clinic, which is a boon in an area with widespread dental problems due to lack of hygiene and sanitation. Website
Hojai Judicial Courts are situated at Sankardev Nagar approximately 8 km away from Hojai Town near NH54. Advocates of the Hojai Judicial Courts has their own Association known as "Hojai Bar Association" which was established in the year of 1982.
Computer Institute : EXPERT VOCATIONAL EDUCATION & TRAINING CENTRE, Lanka It is an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institute Estd. 2003