|Location||Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan|
Hokuriku University (北陸大学 Hokuriku Daigaku) is a private university located in Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan. Founded in 1975, the university is locally nicknamed Hokudai, though typically the term is used nationwide to refer to Hokkaido University. It was founded as a single-department college with the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Later, the Faculty of Foreign Languages and the Faculty of Law were established in 1987 and 1992, respectively. The School of Future Learning was established in 2004, making it the newest faculty in the university.
As of the end of March 2005, Hokuriku University owns 4.44% of the outstanding stock in FM Tokyo.
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- School of Future Learning
- Department of Legal Studies I - students study business management and law.
- Department of Communication Studies I - students study foreign languages (English and Chinese).
- Graduate Studies in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Real Video Education System, an on-demand video system for viewing and reviewing recorded lectures. Students can access RVES from any internet-connected computer.
- Hokudai/Cast - a trilingual podcast in English, Chinese, and Japanese; includes interviews, music (in Japanese, English, and Chinese), language learning segments, and an English 'Word for Today'; created by HU students and faculty. Also available on iTunes.
- Sound Track - the Hokuriku University gymnasium. It has a swimming pool, weight lifting room, sauna, and aerobics area.
- Library Centers
- Computing Services Center
- Center of Development for Education
- International Exchange Center coordinates the many exchange programs HU has with other schools (in Australia, England, the US and others), including a program where HU students can study English and Chinese in China (link is in Japanese). The IEC also coordinates Hokuriku University's Japanese Language Course for foreign students (link is in English).
- Beijing University
- Beijing University of Chinese Medicine
- Beijing Language and Culture University
- Shanghai International Studies University
- Tianjin Foreign Studies University
- Shenyang Pharmaceutical University
- Liaoning Normal University
- Dalian University of Foreign Languages
- Soochow University
- Nanjing University
- Southeast University
- Nanjing Arts Institute
- Nanjing University of Finance and Economics
- Xuzhou Normal University
- Nanjing Agricultural University
- Heilongjiang University
- Yanbian University
- Northeast Normal University
- Zhenjiang Medical College
- Dalian University
- Mongolian University of the Humanities
- Mongolian Knowledge University
- Soyombo Management Institute
- Mandakh Institute of Accountancy
- Far Eastern Federal University
- Irkutsk State University
- Khabarovsk State Academy of Economics and Law
- Krasnojarsk University
- University of California, Riverside
- Ohio University
- Georgetown University
- US Naval Academy
- University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- University of Georgia
- Hawaii Pacific University