Hold Me (Teddy Pendergrass & Whitney Houston song)
|Single by Teddy Pendergrass and Whitney Houston|
|from the album Love Language and Whitney Houston|
|Released||May 24, 1984|
|Format||Vinyl record (7" 45 RPM)|
|Songwriter(s)||Michael Masser, Linda Creed|
|Whitney Houston singles chronology|
"Hold Me" is a ballad duet performed by Teddy Pendergrass and Whitney Houston. It was released as a single from Pendergrass' 1984 album Love Language as well as Houston's 1985 self-titled debut album, serving the debut single of her career. It became a top-five R&B hit in the United States, but only peaked at number 46 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Vocals: Teddy Pendergrass & Whitney Houston
- Drums: Carlos Vega
- Bass: Nathan East
- Keyboards: Randy Kerber, Michael Masser, Ray Parker, Jr.
- Guitars: Paul Jackson Jr.
US and UK 7" vinyl single
- A "Hold Me" (Michael Masser, Linda Creed) (Teddy Pendergrass with Whitney Houston) – 4:53
- B "Love" (Michael Masser, Randy Goodrum) (Teddy Pendergrass) – 4:28
US and UK 12" vinyl single
- A "Hold Me" (Masser, Creed) (Pendergrass with Houston) – 6:00
- B "Love" (Masser, Goodrum) (Pendergrass) – 4:28
- Whitburn, Joel (2007). Top Pop Singles: 1955-2006. Record Research.
- Diana Ross version
- Steffen Hung. "Teddy Pendergrass & Whitney Houston - Hold Me". dutchcharts.nl. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums. HIT Entertainment.
- Whitburn, Joel (2005). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research.
- Whitburn, Joel (2007). Top Adult Songs: 1961-2006. Record Research.
- "South Korea Gaon International Chart (Week: February 12, 2012 to February 18, 2012)". Gaon Chart. January 5, 2013. Archived from the original on December 19, 2012. Retrieved January 5, 2013.
- "Billboard.BIZ". Billboard.BIZ. 1984-12-31. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
|This 1980s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|