Hold On (To My Love)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|"Hold On (To My Love)"|
|Single by Jimmy Ruffin|
|from the album Sunrise|
|B-side||"Hold On (To My Love) (Instrumental)"|
|Format||7" single 12" single|
|Recorded||November 1979 |
Kingdom Sound Studios, Syosset, New York
|Songwriter(s)||Robin Gibb, Blue Weaver|
|Producer(s)||Robin Gibb, Blue Weaver|
|Jimmy Ruffin singles chronology|
"Hold On (To My Love)" is a song written by Robin Gibb and Blue Weaver and performed by American soul singer Jimmy Ruffin, released in 1980 on his album Sunrise. It reached #10 in the US, #29 in the US R&B and #7 in the UK.
- Jimmy Ruffin - lead and backing vocals
- Blue Weaver - keyboards, synthesizer
- Bobby Cadway - guitar
- George Perry - backing vocals, bass
- Dennis Bryon - backing vocals, drums
- Yvonne Levis - backing vocals
- Krystal Davis - backing vocals
- Janet Wright - backing vocals
- Glen Kolotkin - engineer
|Canada RPM Adult Contemporary||36|
|UK Singles Chart||7|
|US Billboard Hot 100||10|
|US Hot Soul Singles (Billboard)||29|
|US Billboard Adult Contemporary||32|
- Discogs.com. "Jimmy Ruffin: Sunrise".
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. 1980-05-11. Missing or empty
- "The Irish Charts – Search Results – Hold On To My Love". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved March 10, 2018.
- Whitburn, Joel (1993). Top Adult Contemporary: 1961–1993. Record Research. p. 208.