|EP by +/-|
|Released||April 15, 2003 (US)
October 8, 2003 (Japan)
|Recorded||Stratosphere Sound and Union Square, NYC|
|Label||TeenBeat, White Wabbit, &|
Holding Patterns is the first release from +/- after it had expanded to a touring band. This was also the first major release from the group to feature songwriting and lead vocals by Patrick Ramos. Pitchfork Media's review of the EP coined the term "lap-rock" to describe its marriage of electronic production and indie rock. It was released in a modified version in Japan, and the US version of the EP was packaged with the band's subsequent album You Are Here in Taiwan.
- "I've Been Lost" – 4:00
- "Trapped Under Ice Floes" – 5:26
- "Far into the Fields" – 2:47
- "You've Just Got It All" – 4:25
- "Making the Horse Drink" – 3:18
- "I've Been Lost"
- "Trapped Under Ice Floes"
- "Summerlong" (cover of the song by Emm Gryner)
- "You've Just Got It All"
- "Making the Horse Drink"
- "If I Am Charming"