|• MLA||H. D. Revanna|
|• Total||2.50 km2 (0.97 sq mi)|
|Elevation||849 m (2,785 ft)|
|• Density||10,807.2/km2 (27,991/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Holenarasipura is a town and taluk in Hassan district of Karnataka. The town is situated on the banks of the Hemavati, one of the many tributaries of the Kaveri. The name of the town signifies the presiding deity Narasimha, the Fourth incarnation of Vishnu dwelling on the banks of the river (hole). Not only is the town a taluk headquarters, but it is also an important central point for the surrounding agriculture industry.
As of 2001[update] India census, Holenarasipura had a population of 27,018. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. It has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 78% and female literacy of 68%. 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Government First Grade College, Holenarasipur
The town has a college that offers degrees in Arts, Science and Commerce conferred by the University of Mysore In this College have M.Com Post Graduation Study also.
Holenarasipura is on a state highway between Mysore and Hassan and on another state highway between Somavarapete and Bangalore. It is connected to the rest of Karnataka and India by broad gauge railway. It is 32 km from Hassan, 90 km from Mysore and 175 km from Bangalore.
- Sri Sri Satchidanandendra Saraswati - An eminent philosopher, Advaita and Vedanta thinker. He founded Adhyatma Prakasha Karyalaya, a non-profit organization to stimulate the research and practice of Vedanta philosophy.
- A G Ramachandra Rao- First Law,Labour and Education minister (Mysore state) and freedom fighter.Also the political teacher for Former prime ministe,Mr H.D.Deve Gowda.*
- Late G. Puttaswamy Gowda - Former MLA minister and MP.
- H.D. Kumaraswamy- Former chief minister of Karnataka.
- H.D. Revanna- MLA and Leader of JDLP, former minister.
- S puttaswamy IAS
- G.L.Chandrashekaraiah. IAS
- C Ashwath Actor
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.