This article possibly contains original research. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Old Railway Station
|• MLA||H. D. Revanna|
|• Total||2.50 km2 (0.97 sq mi)|
|Elevation||849 m (2,785 ft)|
|• Density||10,807.2/km2 (27,991/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|ISO 3166 code||IN-KA|
As of 2001[update] India census, Holenarasipura had a population of 27,018. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. It has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with male literacy of 78% and female literacy of 68%. 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Holenarasipura is on a state highway between Mysore and Hassan and on another state highway between Somavarapete and Bangalore. It is connected to the rest of Karnataka and India by broad gauge railway. It is 32 km from Hassan, 90 km from Mysore, 175 km from Bangalore and 201 km from Mangalore.
- Satchidanandendra Saraswati, philosopher, Advaita and Vedanta thinker.
- H. D. Deve Gowda, Former Prime Minister of India.
- H. D. Kumaraswamy, Chief Minister of Karnataka.
- H. D. Revanna, politician
- Saligrama, Mysore
- Panchalingeshwara Temple, Govindanahalli
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Holenarasipura.|