||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Holiday was an American travel magazine published from 1946 to 1977. Originally published by the Curtis Publishing Company, Holiday's circulation grew to more than one million subscribers at its height, mainly through the genius of the former advertising man, Ted Patrick. They were famous for employing the world's best writers, such as Graham Greene, Jack Kerouac, Arthur C. Clarke, and Truman Capote, who published his autobiographical essay "Brooklyn Heights: A Personal Memoir" in the magazine. Holiday also used many leading photographers, and giving them a free hand (and a generous budget) to interpret the subject separately in whatever way they wished.
History and profile
Holiday was started in 1946. The magazine had its headquarters in Sharon Hill, Pennsylvania. With the magazine circulation suffering in the 1970s, Curtis sold Holiday to the publisher of Travel, a competing magazine. The two publications merged to form Travel Holiday.
The issue n°373 of Holiday Magazine, first issue since the relaunch, is dedicated to the year 1969 and Ibiza.
The issue n°373 includes contributions from photographers Josh Olins, Karim Sadli and Mark Peckmezian, a short novel about Ibiza by novelist Arthur Dreyfus, a story on Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin's New York loft, and the cover features a chosen fragment of Remed's painting "Leonogone".
Holiday was relaunched in April 2014 by the Atelier Franck Durand, a Paris-based art direction studio, with Marc Beaugé as editor in chief and Franck Durand as creative director. The magazine is a bi-annual, conceived in Paris and written in English. Its official website mentions an upcoming café  and clothing line.
- "Curtis Publishing Company records". University of Pennsylvania. Retrieved November 28, 2015.
- "Holiday magazine sold to Travel" The Ledger (Lakeland, Florida), July 10, 1977, p. 6B.
- "Holiday Magazine resurrects with a fashion vibe" Women's Wear Daily.com
- "Holiday Magazine Is Here Again" Style.com
- Holiday relaunch announcement Holiday-magazine.com
- "Franck Durand re-launches famous lifestyle magazine Holiday" A Shaded View of Fashion By Diane Pernet
- "Holiday Café" Holiday-magazine.com
- Website of the new Holiday magazine (2014)
- Holiday Magazine Archive
- Paris Review Daily essay about Holiday