Holiday Inn Lake Buena Vista Downtown
Holiday Inn Orlando - Disney Springs Area is a resort hotel located on the property of Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. It is near the Disney Springs district on Hotel Plaza Boulevard. The hotel opened in February 1973 as a Howard Johnson's; it was expanded in 1978. It remained part of the chain until 1994. In 1995 it was bought by Host Marriott Corporation and operated as a Courtyard by Marriott hotel until 2003. Holiday Inn bought the resort in December 2003. The hotel closed on August 14, 2004 after Hurricane Charley caused extensive damage when it blew through Florida. It was owned by CIG LBV LLC and stayed under the Holiday Inn brand, part of the InterContinental Hotels Group PLC, when it reopened on February 12, 2010 after a reportedly $35 million renovation. On December 9, 2016, the hotel was sold and from then on operated and managed by Interstate Hotels & Resorts, still operating under the Holiday Inn brand. The resort has 323 rooms, a heated swimming pool and a hot tub. The hotel also has a view of the Disney Springs area and the rest of the Walt Disney World Resort from certain areas of the hotel.
- "HoJo to enlarge Disney hotel". Google News Archive. St. Petersburg Times. October 7, 1978. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
- "Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Springs Area". IHG. Retrieved 2016-08-20.
- "Holiday Inn Disney Springs Sold". The DIS Discussion Forums. Retrieved 2017-01-11.
- "Sale of Holiday Inn Orlando-Disney Springs Area Handled by The Plasencia Group". Hotel Online. Retrieved 2017-01-11.
- Hotel page on Holiday Inn website
- Hotel page on Disney Springs™ Resort Area Hotels website
- Hotel page on disneyworld.com website
- Howard Johnson's Motor Lodge -- Lake Buena Vista
|This Disney-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|