Holiday Rapid View Yamanashi
A Holiday Rapid View Yamanashi service at Takao Station
|Locale||Tokyo, Kanagawa Prefecture, Yamanashi Prefecture|
|Current operator(s)||East Japan Railway Company (JR East)|
|Line(s) used||JR East: Chūō Main Line|
|Class(es)||Standard class, Green Car|
|Rolling stock||JR East 215 series EMUs|
(From Kōzu Depot)
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
|Electrification||1,500 V DC overhead|
|Operating speed||Maximum 110 km/h (68 mph)|
- 1 round trip is operated every weekend from March to November..
- Services are not operated from December to February, to prevent train failures due to the winter season, as the rolling stock, the 215 series, is not designed to withstand low temperatures and snow.
- Shinjuku - Mitaka - Tachikawa - Hachiōji - Takao - Sagamiko - Ōtsuki - Katsunuma-Budōkyō - Enzan - Yamanashi-shi - Isawa-Onsen - Kōfu - Nirasaki - Kobuchizawa
- The train skips Nakano and Kokubunji, where the Holiday Rapid Okutama & Akigawa would stop.
- There are days when the train makes additional stops at Uenohara, Kai-Yamato, Shiozaki, Anayama, etc.
- Westbound trains to Kobuchizawa makes two brief stops (no boarding or alighting) at Torisawa and Hinoharu, to let limited express trains overtake the train.
- Eastbound trains to Shinjuku makes a brief stop (no boarding or alighting) at Kai-Yamato, to let a limited express train to overtake the train.
- Extended services to Chiba makes additional stops after Shinjuku, which are Kinshichō - Ichikawa - Funabashi - Tsudanuma - Chiba
There are 3 types of seating for this train, namely Non-reserved seating (自由席), Reserved seating (指定席) and Green Seating (グリーン席), which require different tickets.
For non-reserved seating, only a Basic Fare Ticket (乗車券) is required. This is different from non-reserved seating on Limited Expresses, as this train is only a Rapid service, which makes the purchase of a Non-reserved Limited Express Ticket (自由席特急券) unnecessary.
For reserved seating, a Seat Reservation Ticket (座席指定券) costing 520 yen is required, along with the Basic Fare Ticket.
For Green seating, a Green Car Ticket (グリーン券) is required, with pricing depending on distance, along with the Basic Fare Ticket.
- 215 series 10-car sets (based in the Kōzu Depot)
|Numbering||KuMoHa 215||MoHa 214||SaHa 215-200||SaRo 214||SaRo 215||SaHa 214||SaHa 214||SaHa 215-100||MoHa 214-100||KuMoHa 215-100|
- Car 1 is at the Kobuchizawa end, and Car 10 is at the Shinjuku end. This is the opposite to other trains on the Chūō Main Line.
- 1993: Services between Tokyo and Kobuchizawa began.
- 2002: With the introduction of 215 series to the Shonan-Shinjuku Line, the eastern terminus is changed from Tokyo to Shinjuku.
- 2007: Extended services to Chiba on particular days began operation.
- List of named passenger trains of Japan
- Holiday Rapid Okutama & Akigawa, another Holiday Rapid service on the Chūō Line.
This article incorporates material from the corresponding article in the Japanese Wikipedia.
- "ホリデー快速「ビューやまなし号」運転日・時刻表・料金が知りたい！" [i Wanna Learn About the operation days, timetable and charges of the "Holiday Rapid View Yamanashi"!]. Machi-ga.
- "春の増発列車のお知らせ" [Information Regarding Extra Services in Spring] (PDF). JR East, Hachioji Branch. 19 January 2018.
- "春の増発列車のお知らせ" [Information Regarding Extra Services in Spring] (PDF). JR East, Chiba Branch. 19 January 2018.