This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010)
|Motto||"You'll Make It Here!"|
|Type||Public community college|
|Established||September 2, 1969|
|Accreditation||ACCC, AUCC, CBIE|
|President||Dr. Alexander MacDonald|
|Colours||Purple & Red|
|CCAA – ACAA|
It was formed by the Government of Prince Edward Island, then led by Premier Alex Campbell, in 1969 as a result of an education reform policy undertaken as part of the Prince Edward Island Comprehensive Development Plan, which saw the closure of the province's two post-secondary institutions structured along religious lines: St. Dunstan's University and Prince of Wales College. It also led to the creation of the nondenominational University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI) and Holland College.
- Prince of Wales Campus (main campus)
- Belmont Centre
- Tourism and Culinary Centre (Home of the Culinary Institute of Canada)
- West Prince Campus
- Summerside Waterfront Campus
- Atlantic Police Academy, Slemon Park
- Marine Training Centre
- Georgetown Centre
- Montague Centre
Holland College offers more than 60 one-year certificate and two-year diploma programs.
The college offers almost $500,000 in scholarships and bursaries for eligible students. In 2010, the college joined Project Hero, a scholarship program cofounded by General (Ret'd) Rick Hillier for the families of fallen[clarification needed] Canadian Forces members.
- Holland College Programs
- "Programs and Services - Canadian Forces (CF) College Opportunities Programme". Archived from the original on 2010-01-13. Retrieved 2011-02-20. Project Hero