Holland House, Cardiff
|Address||24-26 Newport Road,
Cardiff city centre
|Height||60.30 metres (197.83 ft)|
|Number of rooms||165|
Holland House, formerly called Julian Hodge House, is a high-rise hotel on Newport Road near the centre of Cardiff, Wales. Originally an office block, the 60.3-metre-high (197.83 ft) building has 15 floors and is the seventh tallest building in Cardiff.
The building was refurbished in 2003/4 for hotel use. It underwent an alteration and refurbishment project on the existing concrete framed structure, including the destruction of an existing two-storey extension structure. The two-storey extension was 30 by 15 metres (98 ft × 49 ft) and was built on top of an existing basement car park area.
The building was built as an office block, its occupants included Lloyds TSB Bank.
Mercure Holland House and Spa is a 4-star hotel with 165 rooms. The hotel has a first floor restaurant and a lounge bar, an indoor swimming pool and seventeen meeting spaces.
- "Macdonald Holland House Hotel". Emporis. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- Mortimer, Dic (8 October 2014). Cardiff: The Biography. Stroud: Amberley Publishing. p. 164. ISBN 978-1-4456-4251-2.
- Skyscraper News | Macdonald Holland House
- Denver Construction Services | Project Details » Holland House Hotel (Cardiff) Archived March 9, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- Macdonald Hotels | Macdonald Hotels completes its hotel sale
- http://www.doctorwholocations.net/locations/newportroadlane Doctor Who locations | Newport Road Lane]
- Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa