Holliwell Covered Bridge
|Nearest city||Winterset, Iowa|
|Architect||H. P. Jones, G. K. Foster|
|NRHP reference No.||76000789|
|Added to NRHP||August 28, 1976|
The bridge is no longer in use, but was renovated and restored in 1995 at a cost of $225,000 ($400,000 today). It is featured in the film The Bridges of Madison County. The Holliwell Bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
- List of bridges documented by the Historic American Engineering Record in Iowa
- List of covered bridges in Madison County, Iowa
- Swanson, Leslie Charles (1970). Covered Bridges in Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Leslie C. Swanson. p. 38.
- Holden, Greg (2010). The Booklover's Guide to the Midwest: A Literary Tour. Clerisy Press. p. 118. ISBN 978-1-57860-314-5.
- "Holliwell Covered Bridge". Madison County. Retrieved 2019-10-18.
- Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) No. IA-64, "Holliwell Bridge, Spanning Middle River at Holliwell Bridge Road (now bypassed), Winterset, Madison County, IA", 24 photos, 4 color transparencies, 22 data pages, 3 photo caption pages