The medieval church of Hollola
Location of Hollola in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Päivi Rahkonen|
|• Total||727.47 km2 (280.88 sq mi)|
|• Land||463.18 km2 (178.83 sq mi)|
|• Water||68.66 km2 (26.51 sq mi)|
|Area rank||132nd largest in Finland|
|• Rank||44th largest in Finland|
|• Density||51.19/km2 (132.6/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.2% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||20.3%|
|• 15 to 64||65%|
|• 65 or older||14.7%|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.75%|
It is located in the province of Southern Finland and is part of the Päijänne Tavastia region. The municipality has a population of 23,708 (31 August 2018) and covers an area of 727.47 square kilometres (280.88 sq mi) of which 68.66 km2 (26.51 sq mi) is water. The population density is 51.19 inhabitants per square kilometre (132.6/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Hollola has the tallest structure in Finland, the Tiirismaa TV-Tower.
A popular resort in Hollola is Messilä. There you can do cross-country-skiing, downhill skiing, tramping and play golf. There is a hotel and a camping site in Messilä. Messilä is located by Vesijärvi.
Twin towns — Sister cities
Hollola is twinned with:
So called Hollolan näkkileipä.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku kuukausittain sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, elokuu 2018" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 21 October 2018.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
|This Southern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|