|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Carpenter modelling a Mikael D Bridal Dress
9 October 1991 |
Raheny, Dublin, Ireland
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Title(s)||Miss Ireland 2011|
Holly Carpenter (born 9 October 1991). was crowned Miss Ireland 2011 on 13 August 2011 in Dublin, Ireland. She represented Ireland in the Miss World 2011 pageant held on 6 November 2011 in London, England. Since 2015 she has written a Sunday column for the Irish Sun  on topical issues such as abortion  positive body image and dating.
Her modelling career began in 2011 when she was entered into the Miss Ireland national beauty pageant by a friend which she won but was subsequently unplaced in the Miss World 2011, despite being many bookmakers' favourite to finish within the top 5. She ranked only 42nd in the competition which she attributes to not having a polished promotional video. Having won Miss Ireland, her modelling career took off and she found work easily in Ireland and the UK.
Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model
In 2013, Carpenter was named among 28 semi-finalists for the 9th cycle of Britain & Ireland's Next Top Model. She was chosen as one of the 14 finalists competing for the title. After several appearances in the Bottom Three/Four, she was eliminated in Episode 9 and placed 7th.
Celebrity MasterChef 2017
Carpenter was born and raised in Raheny, Dublin, Ireland. She is the granddaughter of the social diarist Terry Keane She is an art student completing a degree in textiles at the National College of Art and Design. She speaks English, Irish and French. She was in relationship with Leinster and Ireland Rugby International Cian Healy for 2 years before they split up in July 2014. Since late 2015 she has been dating Danny O’Reilly of Irish rock band The Coronas.
- "Róisín Ingle: Miss University wins national lovely girls crown". The Irish Times. 15 August 2011. Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- "Miss Ireland World 2011 - Holly Carpenter's Photos & Profile/Biography". shinymeteor.blogspot.com. 6 November 2011.
- "Holly Carpenter (Miss Ireland 2011)". MissIrelandPageant.ie. 1 March 2011.
- "Miss Ireland 2011 (to Miss World 2011): Holly Carpenter, Pageant Updates". shinymeteor.blogspot.com. Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- "Miss Venezuela crowned Miss World in London". Reuters.com. November 6, 2011.
- "Meet our new columnist Holly Carpenter". www.thesun.ie. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "Carpenter It s now time to tackle outdated law on abortion". www.thesun.ie. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "Holly Carpenter: "If you keep looking in the mirror and finding faults, you're fighting a losing battle"". VIP Magazine. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "Single Holly Carpenter shares her dating do's and don'ts - Independent.ie". Independent.ie. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "The organisers let me down and the 'chaos' cost me top-five place in 2011 Miss World: Holly Carpenter tells the real story of her year". Mail Online. Retrieved 2016-01-10.
- "Celebrity Masterchef Ireland got off to a hugely entertaining start last night". Daily Edge. 5 January 2017. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- "The Miss World 2011 Contestants". MissWorld.com. Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- "SuburbiaSPECIAL: Holly Carpenter". Suburbia. October–November 2011. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- "Miss University Holly Carpenter". The Sunday World. 8 (50). 7 August 2011. Retrieved 16 December 2011.
- "Holly Carpenter talks dating as ex Cian Healy cuddles up to someone new". evoke.ie. 3 November 2015.
- "'We're on a boat!' Holly Carpenter and Danny O'Reilly live it up in Dubai". evoke.ie. 14 December 2015.
- "Holly Carpenter makes grand romantic gesture for new boyfriend Danny O'Reilly". evoke.ie. 10 December 2015.
|This Irish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article about a European contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|