This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Holly G. Frankel
|Other names||Holly Gauthier-Frankel|
|Occupation||Voice actress, singer, dancer, comedian|
Holly G. Frankel (born July 13, 1979), also known as Holly Gauthier-Frankel, is a Canadian voice actress, singer, dancer, and comedian. Frankel is best known for supplying the voice of Fern in Arthur, Sagwa in Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat, Rita in Go Hugo Go and Hugo: the Movie Star, Teri in What's with Andy?, Loulou in Wimzie's House, and Flora in the Cinélume's English dub of Winx Club. She is also known for her alter-ego as burlesque performer Miss Sugarpuss, of which Holly retired in 2016.
Holly is the daughter of Ron Frankel and Mary Lou Gauthier, who were former members of Malcolm Tomlinson's band Milkwood. At the age of seven, she became a voice actress after work as a studio singer for commercials. Due to her status as a "showbiz kid", she was shy and was considered an outcast.
She attended CEGEP, and later graduated from McGill University. Holly developed an eating disorder as she sunk into a deep depression as she was considered "too fat" by several casting directors. She discovered burlesque at the 2004 Montreal World Film Festival.
- Lockette - PopPixie (Cinélume English dub)
- Penelope Truehart and Jody Goodheart - Fred's Head TV series (2008)
- Ezekiel Zick - Monster Allergy (2005)
- Flora - Winx Club (Cinélume English dub)
- Fern - Arthur (1996) and Postcards from Buster (2004)
- Sagwa and Chung-nee - Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese Cat (2001–2002)
- Third Driver - Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)
- Young Woman - Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure (2001)
- Belinda - Mona the Vampire (1999–2003)
- Loulou - Wimzie's House (1995–1996)
- Teri - What's with Andy? (2003–2007)
- Julie and DeeDee - Caillou (1997)
- Yukari - Tommy and Oscar (1999–2000)
- Polly McShane - The Kids from Room 402 (1999–2001)
- Rita the Fox - Jungledyret Hugo (Danish movie series) (English dub)
- Daisy Meadows - The Rockouts Show (2011)
- Sam and Yoki - Jack (2011)
- Hua - Shaolin Wuzang
- Rosy Barb - Fishtronaut
- Bella - Spookley the Square Pumpkin (2005)
- Amelys - Laura's Happy Adventures
- Nina - Evolution Worlds
- Vladanna and Operator - Still Life
- Sharon Judd - Rainbow Six Vegas 2
- Several Voices in Splinter Cell: Conviction, Assassin's Creed II and Hype: The Time Quest
- Vocalist that covered several songs for the music game Dance on Broadway for the Wii by Ubisoft
- Snowflakes and It's Christmas Morning from Caillou's Holiday Movie
- Holly Gauthier-Frankel is born for the stage by Katelyn Spide. "...by age seven, Gauthier-Frankel was already working as a professional voice actor."
- Erickson, Hal (July 2005). Television cartoon shows: an illustrated encyclopedia, 1949 through 2003. McFarland & Co. p. 704. ISBN 9780786422562. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
|This article about a voice actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|