|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly
from the 39th district
January 10, 2012
Serving with Robert Auth
|Preceded by||Charlotte Vandervalk|
|Born||December 20, 1971|
|Residence||River Vale, New Jersey|
|Alma mater||The Catholic University of America (B.A.)
Fordham University School of Law (J.D.)
|Website||Legislative web page|
Holly Schepisi (born December 20, 1971) is an American lawyer, businesswoman, and Republican Party politician who has served in the New Jersey General Assembly, representing the 39th legislative district since January 10, 2012.
Schepisi is the daughter of John A. Schepisi, a lawyer and former chairman of the Bergen County Republican Organization. She earned a B.A. degree from The Catholic University of America in politics and psychology in 1993, and a J.D. from Fordham University School of Law in 1997. While in college, she worked at the 1992 Republican National Convention, interned for Organization of American States, Congresswoman Marge Roukema, and a member of the British Parliament. In 2007, she began serving as the Township Attorney for River Vale, a position she held until 2011. In addition, she was also a public defender for Oakland (2012–2014) and an alternate prosecutor for Old Tappan (2010–2011) and Westwood (2002–2011).
In August 2011, Charlotte Vandervalk announced her retirement from the General Assembly seat in the 39th district. A resident of River Vale, Schepisi was selected by the Bergen County Republican Organization to take Vandervalk's place on the ballot, and in the general election she and her running mate Bob Schroeder defeated the Democratic candidates, Anthony Iannarelli Jr. and Michael McCarthy. She was sworn in on January 10, 2012. She is currently a member of the Assembly Homeland Security and State Preparedness Committee, the Judiciary Committee, and the New Jersey Legislative Select Committee on Investigation which is investigating the Fort Lee lane closure scandal.
She resides in River Vale with her husband Paul Garfinkel and their two children. In March 2015, she suffered a brain aneurysm but is expected to fully recover after surgery in the summer of 2015.
Each of the forty districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 39th District for the 2014-2015 Legislative Session are:
- Max Pizarro (2011-08-31). "Schepisi consolidates support in LD39". PolitickerNJ.com. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "Assemblywoman Holly Schepisi". New Jersey Assembly Republicans. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- "Assemblywoman Holly Schepisi". New Jersey Legislature. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- Deena Yellin (2011-11-08). "GOP incumbents Cardinale and Schroeder, newcomer Schepisi win in 39th District". The Record (Bergen County). Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- Official List Candidate Returns for General Assembly For November 2011 General Election, New Jersey Department of State, December 14, 2011. Accessed January 29, 2012.
- "Turnover in N.J. Legislature is slight". Asbury Park Press. 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- Racioppi, Dustin (May 29, 2015). "River Vale Assemblywoman recovering from surgery after brain aneurysm". The Record. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- Legislative Roster 2012-2013 Session, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 29, 2012.
|New Jersey General Assembly|
|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly for the 39th District
January 10, 2012 – present
With: Bob Schroeder, Robert Auth