Gold Coast, Queensland
|Population||2,865 (2016 census)|
|• Density||988/km2 (2,560/sq mi)|
|Area||2.9 km2 (1.1 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|LGA(s)||City of Gold Coast|
In the east, the suburb's boundaries extend into the Gold Coast Broadwater. Of the actual land surface, the land use is residential with the exception of the south-western quarter of the suburb which is part of the Pine Ridge Conservation Park ( ) which extends south into Runaway Bay.
The Runaway Bay Marina is located in the south-east corner of the locality ().
A 1926 map shows the area named as Pine Ridge. That name is no longer official but persists in Park Ridge Road and in the Park Ridge Conservation Park. Park Ridge Road as shown on a 1978 map extended north of the present road roughly along the current Oxley Drive through Holleywell and the current Paradise Road at Pardise Point ( ).
Hollywell Fire Station is at 318 Bayview Street ().
There are two boat ramps on Centenary Drive into the Gold Coast Broadwater. One is at the junction with Jasmine Avenue ( ) and the other at the junction with Holly Avenue ( ). They are managed by the Gold Coast City Council.
In the 2011 census, Hollywell recorded a population of 2,679 people, 49.9% female and 50.1% male. The median age of the Hollywell population was 47 years, 10 years above the national median of 37. 70.7% of people living in Hollywell were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were New Zealand 9.4%, England 5.7%, South Africa 0.8%, Scotland 0.7%, Germany 0.7%. 91.8% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 0.7% Japanese, 0.6% German, 0.4% French, 0.4% Italian, 0.3% Russian.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Hollywell (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Hollywell – suburb in City of Gold Coast (entry 46053)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 26 January 2020.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "Pine Ridge Conservation Park – conservation park in Gold Coast City (entry 39603)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- Google (28 March 2020). "Runaway Bay Marina" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "Tambourine" (Map). Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "Hollywell" (Map). Queensland Government. 1978. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Hollywell (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 28 March 2020.
- "Emergency services facilities - Queensland". Queensland Open Data. Queensland Government. 12 November 2020. Archived from the original on 15 November 2020. Retrieved 12 November 2020.
- "Recreational Boating Facilities Queensland". Queensland Open Data. Queensland Government. 12 November 2020. Archived from the original on 22 November 2020. Retrieved 22 November 2020.
- "Hollywell". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.