Hollywood shown within Worcestershire
Hollywood and Majors Green
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Hereford and Worcester|
|EU Parliament||West Midlands|
Hollywood is a village in the Bromsgrove district of Worcestershire, England, contiguous with and to the south of the city of Birmingham. The village lies within the ward of Hollywood and Majors Green and is located within the civil parish of Wythall. The eastern part of the village is also known as Trueman's Heath.
Until the 1950s, Hollywood was a rural area with many fields and farms. Extensive postwar development saw these fields and farms give way to housing estates, shops and schools.
Hollywood is served by the A435 Alcester Road, and is adjacent to Highter's Heath to the north and Drakes Cross to the south. Other settlements close by include Wythall, Kings Heath, Kings Norton, Shirley and Dickens Heath.
Hollywood is home to the Hollywood Golf Club, formally known as Gay Hill Golf Club which has existed since 1921, and a family owned and managed packaging company, Kilby Packaging, which has existed since 1946. The village is served by several schools located immediately outside the ward boundary - Hollywood Primary School is located over the county border within the Highter's Heath area of the city of Birmingham, whilst the Coppice Primary School and Woodrush School are just within the Drakes Cross ward.
- John Taylor from the band Duran Duran.
- Alan Dedicoat former presenter at BBC Radio WM and now voice of the Balls on The National Lottery.
- Alan Smith former Arsenal striker.
- Parry Glasspool, Hollyoaks actor.
- "Key Figures for 2001 Census: Key Statistics". Retrieved 28 July 2009.
- "Office for National Statistics ward maps: Hollywood". Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Worcestershire County Council Ward Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- "Worcestershire County Council Historic Parish Maps: Wythall" (JPG). Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Office for National Statistics ward maps: Drakes Cross". Retrieved 2012-08-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hollywood, Worcestershire.|
|This Worcestershire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|