Hollywood/Northeast 42nd Avenue Transit Center
|TriMet transit center|
Westbound train is stopped at the MAX platform, located north of the Banfield Freeway
|Location||1410 Northeast 42nd Avenue|
|Platforms||one island platform|
|Bicycle facilities||bike lockers and banks|
|Opened||September 5, 1986|
Hollywood/Northeast 42nd Avenue Transit Center is a light rail station in the MAX Light Rail system and is located in the Hollywood District of Portland, Oregon. It is the 11th stop eastbound on the eastside MAX main line. It is served by the Blue, Green and Red Lines, of TriMet. It is also a transit center (bus station for local buses), served by three TriMet bus routes.
The transit center is located south of the intersection of Northeast 42nd Avenue and Halsey Street. The MAX station platform is situated between Interstate 84 and a Union Pacific Railroad line and is connected by stairs and an elevator to a pedestrian bridge which connects to the transit center bus bays to the north and neighborhoods to the south, across the freeway. The platform is separated from the freeway only by the eastbound tracks and a low crash wall, causing the platform level of this station to be somewhat noisy most hours of the day.
This transit center is served by the following bus lines:
- 66 – Marquam Hill/Hollywood (stop ID number 10871)
- 75 – Cesar Chavez/Lombard (stop ID numbers 10868 and 10872)
- 77 – Broadway/Halsey (stop ID numbers 10869 and 10870)
Note: Line 12-Barbur/Sandy Blvd stops nearby on Sandy Blvd.
On May 26, 2017, the station was the site of a stabbing in which two people died by having their throats slashed. According to reports, a man was verbally abusing two women who he believed were Muslim. Three bystanders attempted to stop the abuse and two were stabbed to death. A suspect was arrested at the station.
- Federman, Stan (September 5, 1986). "Going to the MAX: Facts to know about the new line".The Oregonian, special section ("Light rail rolls"), p. T10.
- Bailey Jr., Everton (August 30, 2012). "TriMet boosts most fares starting Saturday; some routes changing". The Oregonian. Retrieved December 9, 2012.
- "Portland deaths: Two stabbed trying to stop anti-Muslim abuse". BBC. May 27, 2017. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
- Mesh, Aaron (May 27, 2017). "Witnesses: Man Cut the Throats of Two MAX Passengers Who Tried to Stop Anti-Muslim Bullying of Women on Northeast Portland Train". Willamette Week. Retrieved May 27, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hollywood Transit Center.|