Hollywood (2002 film)
|Directed by||Dinesh Baboo|
|Edited by||B. S. Kemparaj|
Hollywood is a 2002 Indian Kannada science fiction film written by Upendra and directed by Dinesh Babu. It starred Upendra in a triple role as Surendra, Upendra and US 47 (a robot) along with the Australian actress Felicity Mason as Manisha and Ananth Nag. The movie was shot entirely in Gold Coast, Australia with few supporting actors and a monkey called Lakshmi, voiced by Ramesh Bhat. The movie was also dubbed into Telugu in 2003, retaining the same title.
Upendra became the first Indian actor to portray the role of an android robot in a lead role. Upendra had revealed that while he was working on this film, he had heard that S. Shankar was also planning a film themed on robots. According to Upendra it was only when Shankar told him that his film would be delayed that Upendra continued with this project - about a scientist who creates an android resembling himself to help him win over a girl. But, the android falls in love with the girl and tries to eliminate his creator. However, eight years later, Shankar directed Enthiran which had a similar theme - about a lookalike robot rebelling against his creator after falling in love with the creator's girlfriend.
This article needs a plot summary. (December 2021)
- Upendra as US 47 the Android Robot, Surendra the Roboticist, & Upendra the Director who is Surendra's twin brother.
- Felicity as Manisha, M- 47
- Ananth Nag as Prof. A. D. Dass, maverick scientist
- A monkey named Melukote Seenu, voiced by Ramesh Bhat
- Chris Anderson
- Rose Masedon
- Michael Parlato
- Crili Berdo
- Robbie Parkin
- Mellisa Thomson
- Kristan James
- Andrew Blane
|1.||"Choo Bide Choo Bide"||Upendra||Udit Narayan||4:21|
|2.||"Sakkathagide Hollywood"||Upendra||Sukhwinder Singh, Gurukiran, Allwyn||4:20|
|3.||"Aamantharisi Nanna"||V. Nagendra Prasad||Anupama||5:07|
|4.||"Prema Prema"||Upendra||Udit Narayan||6:03|
|5.||"Aeeeyy Aeeyyii"||Upendra||Sunidhi Chauhan, Gurukiran||3:41|
|6.||"Benkiyalli Haaku"||Upendra||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:52|
Hollywood had not a good opening at the box office across Karnataka and set the box office on average during its initial weeks, but the film received just mixed response among the audience. The film collected ₹380 million (US$5.0 million) at the box office after completing 75 days of run and was declared as a Hit.
- "Telugu Cinema - Review - Hollywood - Upendra - Dinesh Babu - Guru Kiran". www.idlebrain.com. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- Hollywood Telugu review
- Movie review
- "Is Endhiran a rich man's Hollywood?". Bangalore Mirror. 19 September 2010.
- Movie title card
- "Is Endhiran inspired by Uppi's Hollywood?". Indiaeveryday.in. 28 September 2010. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- "High BUDGET MOVIES in Kannada Sandalwood – ALL TIM E | eJaga.com - Entertainment World. Celebrity Movies gossip juicy rumors". eJaga.com. 3 December 2011. Retrieved 2 August 2012.