Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre (Maryland Heights, Missouri)
|Former names||Riverport Amphitheatre (1991-2002)|
UMB Bank Pavilion (2002-06)
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater (2007-14)
|Address||14141 Riverport Dr|
Maryland Heights, MO 63043-4807
|Location||Greater St. Louis|
|Opened||June 14, 1991|
|Construction cost||$12 million|
($22.8 million in 2020 dollars)
The Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre (originally Riverport Amphitheatre and formerly the UMB Bank Pavilion and Verizon Wireless Amphitheater) is an outdoor concert venue in Maryland Heights, Missouri, near St. Louis.
Venue owner Live Nation announced December 17, 2014, that they had signed a multiyear agreement with Hollywood Casino in Maryland Heights, which is owned and operated by Penn National Gaming, to be the amphitheater's title sponsor. The length of the agreement was not disclosed. Even with naming rights changes, many in the St. Louis Area still call it by its original name "Riverport".
On July 23, 2010, Kings of Leon abruptly ended their set, after only three songs, allegedly being pelted with feces by pigeons while onstage. The band gave fans their money back and later announced a makeup show. The new date was scheduled to be on September 25, 2010. Tickets were free for those who attended their last show and were $10.00 for other fans planning on attending.
The amphitheatre has played host to many music festivals, including 60's Summer Spectacular, All That! Music and More Festival, Anger Management Tour, Crüe Fest, Crüe Fest 2, Family Values Tour, Farm Aid, H.O.R.D.E. Festival, Honda Civic Tour, Lilith Fair, Lollapalooza, Mayhem Festival, Ozzfest, Pointfest, Projekt Revolution, Uproar Festival and Vans Warped Tour.
- 1634 to 1699: Harris, P. (1996). "Inflation and Deflation in Early America, 1634–1860: Patterns of Change in the British American Economy". Social Science History. 20 (4): 469–505. JSTOR 1171338. 1700-1799: McCusker, J. J. (1992). How much is that in real money?: a historical price index for use as a deflator of money values in the economy of the United States (PDF). American Antiquarian Society. 1800–present: Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. "Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–". Retrieved January 1, 2020.
- Richmond, D; Schankman, S. (2008): "Produced By Contemporary", pp. 201-202, Virginia Publishing Co., St. Louis. ISBN 978-1-891442-47-6
- Richmond, D; Schankman, S. (2008): "Produced By Contemporary", p. 207, Virginia Publishing Co., St. Louis. ISBN 978-1-891442-47-6
- Contemporary bought by SFX for $90 million
- "UMB Bank acquires naming rights to Riverport Amphitheatre", "St. Louis Business Journal", February 13, 2002.
- "Verizon buys naming rights to Riverport venue", "St. Louis Business Journal", November 15, 2006.
- "Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre - St. Louis, MO". Retrieved 18 July 2015.