Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Fred Olen Ray|
|Produced by||Fred Olen Ray|
|Written by||T. L. Lankford|
Fred Olen Ray
(as Dr. S. Carver)
|Distributed by||Camp Motion Pictures|
|Budget||$95,000 or $60,000|
When private detective Jack Chandler (Richardson) tries to track down a teenage runaway (Linnea Quigley), he runs into a cult of Egyptian chainsaw-worshipping prostitutes led by "The Master" (Gunnar Hansen).
- Linnea Quigley as Samantha
- Gunnar Hansen as The Stranger
- Jay Richardson as Jack Chandler
- Dawn Wildsmith as Lori
- Michelle Bauer as Mercedes
- Esther Elise as Lisa
- Tricia Burns as Ilsa
- Fox Harris as Hermie
- Jimmy Williams as Bo
- Dukey Flyswatter as Jake The Bartender
- Dennis Mooney as Mick Harris
At the time, the UK video release was not allowed to have the word Chainsaw in the title, so the film was released simply as "Hollywood Hookers".
The film begins with the disclaimer "The chainsaws used in this motion picture are real and dangerous! They are handled here by seasoned professionals. The makers of this motion picture advise strongly against anyone attempting to perform these stunts at home. Especially if you are naked and about to engage in strenuous sex." The film ends with the promise of the sequel Student Chainsaw Nurses, which was never made.
Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers received mixed reviews from critics and audiences, earning a Rotten Tomatoes Want-To-See score of 33%.
- "I'd stumbled into the middle of an evil, insidious cult of chainsaw worshipping maniacs. I had to wonder if we'd let our religious freedom go too far in this country, or maybe our immigration laws were just too lax."
- "What do you do, pray to Black and Decker?!"
- "I was cleaning the chainsaw and it just went off!"
Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers has been released on VHS, DVD and Blu-ray format.
In the United States, the film was released in a '20th Anniversary Widescreen Edition' DVD on August 5, 2008. It was made available on Blu-ray in two individual editions on January 9, 2015, with a standard edition and a signed 'Special Limited Edition' of 1000 copies.
In the United Kingdom, the film was released on DVD on July 10, 2000. 88 Films has released the film on Blu-ray on March 23, 2015 as part of the 'Slasher Classics Collection'. It is placed at #6 in the collection and like the other released in the collection it contains a reversible sleeve.
- Thompson, Nathaniel (2006) . DVD Delirium: The International Guide to Weird and Wonderful Films on DVD; Volume 1 Redux. Godalming, England: FAB Press. pp. 360–361. ISBN 1-903254-39-6.
- "Fred Olen Ray Interview". The Spoiler Room Podcast (Podcast). 21 April 2015.
- Topel, Fred (27 October 2014). "After Midnight: Fred Olen Ray on Strip Clubs & Chainsaw Hookers". Crave Online. Retrieved 1 January 2017.