Hollywood Hills High School
|Hollywood Hills High School|
|5400 Stirling Road
Hollywood, Florida 33021
|Average class size||30|
Small Learning Communities
Hollywood Hills High School contains "Small Learning Communities"
- The School of Business and Human Services welcomes students who are interested in the fields of marketing, fashion, business management, culinary arts, childcare and education. Core subjects will incorporate business applications of the subject knowledge. All students selecting this SLC must take business systems and technology.
- The School of Government and Communications welcomes students who would like to become translators, linguists, mediators, diplomats, lawyers, police or security officers, politicians, historians, government workers, journalists, T.V. producers or web designers.
It provides courses that are focused on cultural development and human interactions. All students in this SLC must take one of the following: geography, speech & debate or journalism.
- The School of Liberal, Creative, and Performing Arts welcomes students interested in the creative production of ideas and the development of student talents. Core subjects encourage creative expression with an emphasis on matching a student’s talents with possible career paths.
- The School of Health, Science, and Engineering welcomes students interested in a career that involves problem solving, investigation, technical design, and/or one of the many medical related fields. Hands-on activities and experiential learning are incorporated into the core subjects. All students in the SLC must enroll in either anatomy and physiology or physics before graduation.
- TV Production (STV NEWS)
- National Honor Society (NHS)
- Spanish National Honor Society
- Band (jazz, marching, symphonic)
- Auxiliary(includes colorguard, dance team and twirlers/majorettes)
- First Priority (Bible Club)
- Best Buddies
- Brain Brawl
- Fight Club
- Debate Team
- Drama Club
- Drill team
- Future Florida Educators of America(FFEA)
- French Club
- Spanish Club
- Yearbook Staff
- Newspaper Staff
- Language Connection Tutoring Program
- Peer Counseling
- Math Club
- Japanese Fanatics
- Literary Magazine (The Knot)
- Principal's Advisory Council
- Silver Knight
- Tri-M Music Honor Society
County-sanctioned athletic programs
- Marching band (boys' and girls')
- Basketball (boys' and girls')
- Baseball (boys')
- Cross country (boys' and girls')
- American football (boys')
- Flag football (girls')
- Golf (boys')
- Soccer (boys' and girls')
- Swimming (boys' and girls')
- Tennis (boys' and girls')
- Track and field (boys' and girls')
- Softball (girls')
- Volleyball (boys' and girls')
- Water polo (boys' and girls')
- Wrestling (boys')
- Cheerleading (girls'and boys')
Hollywood Hills High School serves a diverse population of approximately 1,925 students in grades 9 through 12. The ethnic makeup of the school was 36% White, 21% Black, 37% Hispanic, 3% Asian or Pacific Islander, 2% Multiracial, and 1% Native American or Native Alaskan.
- Keith Uecker - offensive lineman for the Denver Broncos and Green Bay Packers. All- American Lineman from Auburn University.
- Robert Wexler - former U.S. Congressman from Florida
- Fred Melamed - actor
- Dexter Nottage - former Washington Redskins and Kansas City Chiefs defensive end
- Alan Ollie Gelfand - inventor of the Ollie trick
- Jabaal Sheard - Defensive end for the New England Patriots. Member of 2016 Super Bowl LI Champion team.
- Josh Samuda - offensive guard for the Minnesota Vikings
- Adam Gaynor - former member of Matchbox Twenty
- Eric Haseman - 1985 Student Athlete of the Year