Hollywood Hills West, Los Angeles
Hollywood Hills West is an urban neighborhood within Central Los Angeles, California. There are three city parks and one elementary school.
Hollywood Hills West touches Studio City on the north, Hollywood Hills on the east, Hollywood and West Hollywood on the south and Beverly Hills and Beverly Crest on the west. The neighborhood is bisected by Laurel Canyon Boulevard and is bordered on the east by Outpost Drive and on the south by an irregular line that includes Franklin Avenue, Fairfax Avenue and Sunset Boulevard, or the West Hollywood city limits. On the west the neighborhood ends at the Beverly Hills city line (Trousdale Estates, and on the north it stops at Mulholland Drive.
||Studio City||Mulholland Drive & Studio City||Universal City|
|Trousdale Estates, Franklin Cyn & Coldwater Cyn||Hollywood Hills|
|Beverly Hills||Hollywood, W. Hollywood, Beverly Grove & Fairfax||W. Hollywood & Fairfax|
A total of 14,860 people lived in the neighborhood's 4.87 square miles, according to the 2000 U.S. census—averaging 3,048 people per square mile, among the lowest population densities in the city. The population was estimated at 16,003 in 2008. The median age for residents was 41, considered old for the city and the county as a whole. The percentages of residents aged 35 and above are among the county's highest.
The neighborhood is "not particularly diverse," the diversity index being 0.273, and the percentage of white people is considered high, at 84.9%. Latinos make up 5.8%, Asians are at 3.9%, blacks at 2.7% and others also at 2.7%. In 2000 the United Kingdom (10.3%) and Ukraine (7.2%) were the most common places of birth for the 25.4% of the residents who were born abroad, considered an average percentage of foreign-born when compared with the city or county as a whole.
The median household income in 2008 dollars was $108,199, considered high for both the city and county. The percentage of households earning $125,000 or more was high, compared to the city and the county at large. The average household size of 1.9 people was relatively low. Homeowners occupied 63.6% of the housing units, and renters occupied the rest.
In 2000 there were 178 families headed by single parents, or 5.8%, a rate that was low in both the county and the city. The percentages of never-married men (51%) and divorced men (8.8%) were among the county's highest. A high number of the residents were military veterans—8.4% of the population, the percentage who served during World War II or the Korean War being among the county's highest.
- These were the ten cities or neighborhoods in Los Angeles County with the largest percentage of white residents, according to the 2000 United States Census:
- Malibu, California, 88.8%
- Hidden Hills, California, 88.7%
- Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles, 88.6%
- Topanga, California, 87.6%
- Beverly Crest, Los Angeles, 87.5%
- Westlake Village, California, 85.5%
- Manhattan Beach, California, 85.5%
- Hollywood Hills West, Los Angeles, 84.9%
- Hermosa Beach, California, 84.9%
- Fairfax, Los Angeles, 84.7%
Hollywood Hills West residents aged 25 and older holding a four-year degree amounted to 58.8% of the population in 2000, considered high when compared with the city and the county as a whole, as were the percentages of residents with a bachelor's or a postgraduate degree
Recreation and parks
- Christopher Meloni, actor
- Katy Perry, singer
- Kanye West, rapper
- Ozzie Nelson (1906-1975) and Harriet Nelson (1909-1994)
-  "Central L.A.," Mapping L.A., Los Angeles Times
-  "The Westside," Mapping L.A., Los Angeles Times
-  "Hollywood Hills West," Mapping L.A., Los Angeles Times
-  "San Fernando Valley," Mapping L.A., Los Angeles Times
- The Thomas Guide, 2006, pages D, 592 and 593
-  "Diversity," Mapping L.A., Los Angeles Times
- "White". Los Angeles Times. Mapping L.A. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
-  "Hollywood Hills West Schools," Mapping L.A., Los Angeles Times
- "Christopher Meloni Bought the Haunted Ozzie & Harriet House in the Hills For $5.25 Million". Curbed LA. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- Lauren Beale, "Katy Perry Buys Two Houses in Hollywood Hills West," Los Angeles Times, May 23, 2013
- Meredith Skrzypczak, "Kanye West Re-Lists Hollywood Hills Home," Hollywood Patch
- "Ozzie and Harriet/Ari Gold House Hits the Market in the Hills". Curbed LA. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
-  Hollywood Hills West Neighborhood Council
-  Comments about living in Hollywood Hills West
-  Hollywood Hills West crime map and statistics