Hollywood Private Hospital
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Hollywood Private Hospital|
|Location||Monash Avenue, Nedlands, Perth, Western Australia, Washington, Australia|
|Lists||Hospitals in Australia|
Hollywood Private Hospital (Hollywood) is an acute care hospital located in Nedlands, Western Australia. Hollywood is Western Australia's largest private hospital, with a total of 738 licensed beds. The hospital is part of Ramsay Health Care Group and has more than 700 accredited specialists working across a wide range of disciplines including cardiology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, oncology, orthopaedics, palliative care, psychiatry, rehabilitation and urology. Hollywood employs over 2,000 people and has 70,000 patient admissions each year.
Hollywood offers a wide range of comprehensive specialties, including aged care and rehabilitation, bariatric/obesity surgery, cardiology, cardiology – interventional, colorectal surgery, dermatology, ear nose and throat, endocrinology, gastroenterology, general medicine, general surgery, gynaecological oncology, gynaecology, haematology, infectious diseases, neurology, neurosurgery, nuclear medicine, oncology, orthopaedics, paediatric surgery, pain medicine, palliative care, plastic and reconstructive surgery, psychiatry, rehabilitation, renal medicine, respiratory, rheumatology, urology and vascular surgery.
- 1942 - 110 Military Hospital
- 1947 - Repatriation General Hospital, Hollywood
- 1994 - Purchased by the Ramsay Health Care Group and commenced operations as Hollywood Private Hospital on 24 February 1994
- 2002 - Opening of Sylvia Perry Wing containing the John Carroll and Clifford Sadlier Wards
- 2009 - Opening of Marjorie Brislee Wing containing the Hugh Edwards, Leslie Starcevich, Mark Donaldson, Percival Gratwick and George Gosse Wards
- 2016 - Opening of Anne Leach Wing containing the Jim Gordon, Stan Gurney and George Howell Wards
The hospital contains four wings: the Anne Leach Wing, Marjorie Brislee Wing, Vivian Bullwinkel Wing and the Sylvia Perry Wing. All wards and units are named after Western Australians who were awarded the Victoria Cross and George Cross:
- Alfred Gaby Unit (Victoria Cross)
- Charles Pope Ward (Victoria Cross)
- Clifford Sadlier Ward (Victoria Cross)
- Frederick Bell Unit (Victoria Cross)
- George Gosse Ward (George Cross)
- Henry Murray Ward (Victoria Cross)
- Hugh Edwards Ward (Victoria Cross)
- Hugo Throssell Unit (Victoria Cross)
- Jim Gordon Ward (Victoria Cross)
- James Woods Ward (Victoria Cross)
- John Carroll Ward (Victoria Cross)
- Lawrence McCarthy Ward (Victoria Cross)
- Leon Goldsworthy Ward (George Cross)
- Leslie Starcevich Ward (Victoria Cross)
- Martin O'Meara Ward (Victoria Cross)
- Percival Gratwick Ward (Victoria Cross)
- Stan Gurney Ward (Victoria Cross)
- Thomas Axford Ward (Victoria Cross)
- Mark Donaldson Ward (Victoria Cross)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hollywood Private Hospital.|
- Hollywood Private Hospital website retrieved 21 December 2016
- Ann Whyntie, History, 2001, Occupational Therapy Australia WA, retrieved 3 March 2009.
- Opening of the Hollywood Private Hospital Extension, 24 July 2002, Speech by The Hon Danna Vale MP, Minister for Veterans’ Affairs, retrieved 3 March 2009.
- A History of Caring, ramsayhealth.com.au, retrieved 3 March 2009.
- Hollywood Private Hospital, School of Surgery, University of Western Australia