Hollywood Turf Cup Stakes
|Grade II race|
|Location||Del Mar Racetrack ]|
formerly run at the now closed Hollywood Park Racetrack
|Race type||Thoroughbred - Flat racing|
|Distance||1 1⁄2 miles (12 furlongs)|
|Qualification||Three-year-olds & up|
The Hollywood Turf Cup is an American stakes race for thoroughbred horses formerly run at Hollywood Park Racetrack until that track's closing. It now takes place at Del Mar Racetrack during its Fall Meet in late November. A Grade II event, it is open to horses, age three and up, and run at a distance of one and one-half miles. The Hollywood Turf Cup currently offers a purse of $200,000.
Horses who previously ran in the Breeders' Cup Turf will sometimes run in the Turf Cup since it is the last major turf race of the year. As with all Hollywood Park turf stakes it was on hiatus in 2005.
The race was run in two heats in 1982. It was raced at 1 3⁄8 miles (11 furlongs) in 1982, 1983 and 1984.
The race was first run in 1981 and became a Grade I event in 1983. It was downgraded in 2012 and is now a Grade II race.
- 2:24.61 - Boboman (2006)
Most wins by an owner:
Most wins by a jockey:
- 8 - Chris McCarron (1983, 1984, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 2000)
Most wins by a trainer:
- 4 - Robert J. Frankel (1997, 2001, 2003, 2008)
- † In 2003, Epicentre won the race but was disqualied for interference in the stretch and set back to third.
- † In 1992, Fraise finished first but officials disqualified him and he was set back to second place for bumping Bien Bien in the stretch.
- "Hollywood Turf Cup Profile". www.equibase.com. Retrieved 29 November 2016.