Holma, Lysekil Municipality
|County||Västra Götaland County|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Holma is a seat farm in Brastad socken, Lysekil Municipality, Sweden, by the shore of Gullmarn fjord. It was established in the 15th century. Since then, a number of Danish, Norwegian and Swedish noble families, depending on which country Bohuslän belonged to at the time, have resided at Holma. Some of these are the Friis, Bagge and Onstad families. The manor's coat of arms is from the Norwegian time and depicts a lindworm.
During the 16th century, Holma belonged to the Bagge family and in the 17th century it was owned by Rutger von Ascheberg and the Virgin family. In 1781, it was bought by wholesale merchant Bundsen who expanded the seat farm to its present size. During the 19th century, fishing in the fjord was a major sorce of income for the manor which had factories for salting herring and train oil made from boiled herring to extract the oil. The fishing also yielded atlantic salmon, oysters and lobsters. Equally large sources of income were farming and timber production. The manor also had a brännvin factory.
The current main building at the manor was built in 1911. It is predated by some barns and sheds that are still in use and a dilapidated mill by the now drained mill pond in the west part of the estate. During the early 20th century, Holma was one of the stations for steamboats trafficking the fjord. The steamboat quay is now part of a marina for small boats.
- Rosenberg, Carl Martin (1882). Geografiskt-statistiskt handlexikon öfver Sverige. Stockholm: A. V. Carlssons Förlag. p. 728.
- Historiskt-geografiskt och statistiskt lexikon öfver Sverige. Stockholm: Åke C. W. Hammars Förlag. 1862. pp. 395–396.
- Carlquist, Gunnar, ed. (1932). Svensk uppslagsbok. 13. Malmö: Baltiska förlaget. p. 219. LIBRIS 1335380.
- "Lysekil kn, HOLMA 2:1 HOLMA SÄTERI". www.bebyggelseregistret.raa.se. Swedish National Heritage Board. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- Hjertquist, Ulf. "Stig Utberg på farofyllda färder i fjärran Indonesien" (PDF). www.hembygd.se. Hembygd. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- "Stadgar för Holma Båtklubb (1976)". www.holmabatklubb.se. Holma Båtklubb. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- Hellsten, CM (4 October 2013). "Testa nytt på lovet". www.svenskgolf.se. Svensk Golf. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- "Golfbana vid Holma Säteri". www.lysekil.se. Lysekil Municipality. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Holma, Lysekil Municipality.|