Holmdel Township Public Schools
|Holmdel Township Public Schools|
4 Crawford's Corner RoadUnited States
Holmdel, NJ 07733
|Superintendent||Dr. Lee Seitz (interim)|
|Business administrator||Michael Petrizzo|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||2,997 (as of 2018–19)|
|District Factor Group||I|
The Holmdel Township Public Schools is a comprehensive community public school district that serves students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade from Holmdel Township, in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "I", the second-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Until 1962, the district had sent students in grades nine to twelve to Keyport High School as part of a sending/receiving relationship. The district started sending students to Red Bank High School in 1962, which ended when the district opened Holmdel High School in September 1973.
- Elementary schools
- Village Elementary School with 759 students in grades PreK-3
- Arthur Howard, Principal
- Indian Hill School with 752 students in grades 4-6
- Lisa Vitale, Principal
- Middle school
- William R. Satz School with 521 students in grades 7-8
- William Loughran, Principal
- High school
- Dr. Lee Seitz, Interim Superintendent
- Michael Petrizzo, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
Board of education
The district's board of education, comprised of nine members, sets policy and oversees the fiscal and educational operation of the district through its administration. As a Type II school district, the board's trustees are elected directly by voters to serve three-year terms of office on a staggered basis, with three seats up for election each year held (since 2012) as part of the November general election. The board appoints a superintendent to oversee the day-to-day operation of the district.
- District information for Holmdel Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 1, 2020.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Holmdel Township Board of Education District Policy 0110 - Identification, Holmdel Township Public Schools. Accessed June 1, 2020. "Purpose: The Board of Education exists for the purpose of providing a thorough and efficient system of free public education to the children in the Holmdel Township School District in grades Pre-Kindergarten through twelve. Composition: The Holmdel Township School District is comprised of all the area within the municipal boundaries of Holmdel Township."
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed March 18, 2015.
- "School Regionalization Idea Remains Alive at Union Beach", Asbury Park Press, October 21, 1973. Accessed November 22, 2020. "It has been in effect since November 1964, after six years of negotiations, during the interim when Keyport and Holmdel Township were studying the possibility of a Keyport-Holmdel high school arrangement. Since then Holmdel has built a high school which opened in September.... But Keyport became the receiving district not only for Holmdel, but Raritan, and Union Beach. Holmdel transferred to Red Bank as a sending district in 1962."
- History of RBRHS, Red Bank Regional High School. Accessed November 10, 2019. "Prior to November 25, 1969, high school students from Little Silver, Shrewsbury and Holmdel attended Red Bank High School, along with Red Bank students, in a special arrangement with the Red Bank Board of Education known as a sending-receiving district agreement. The arrangement was discontinued with the formation of the Red Bank Regional High School District in 1969."
- School Data for the Holmdel Township Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed June 1, 2020.
- Schools, Holmdel Township Public Schools. Accessed June 1, 2020.
- County School List H-K, Monmouth County, New Jersey. Accessed June 1, 2020.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Holmdel Township Public Schools, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 24, 2016.
- Village Elementary School, Holmdel Township Public Schools. Accessed June 1, 2020.
- Indian Hill School, Holmdel Township Public Schools. Accessed June 1, 2020.
- William R. Satz School, Holmdel Township Public Schools. Accessed June 1, 2020.
- Holmdel High School, Holmdel Township Public Schools. Accessed June 1, 2020.
- Central Office, Holmdel Township Public Schools. Accessed July 20, 2020.
- New Jersey School Directory for Monmouth County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 24, 2016.
- Business Office, Holmdel Township Public Schools. Accessed June 1, 2020.
- New Jersey Boards of Education by District Election Types - 2018 School Election, New Jersey Department of Education, updated February 16, 2018. Accessed January 26, 2020.
- Board Members, Holmdel Township Public Schools. Accessed June 1, 2020.