Holmer Green Senior School
|Holmer Green Senior School (HGSS)|
|Motto||"Achievement and opportunity for all"|
|Specialist||Business and Enterprise school|
|Department for Education URN||138058 Tables|
|Headmaster||Mr Ed Hilyard|
|Age||11 to 18|
|Colour(s)||Blue, Green, Yellow and Red|
Holmer Green Senior School is a coeducational secondary school and sixth form with academy status, located in Holmer Green, Buckinghamshire, England. The school has approximately 860 pupils. The school shares a common catchment area with the nearby Sir William Ramsay School.
In 2008, the school was one of 34 UK secondary schools to win the NACE challenge award for its approach to able, gifted and talented children. In the same year, it also received an excellent Ofsted report which compared favourably to other secondary schools nearby.
Notable former pupils
Holmer Green Senior School is one of several Buckinghamshire schools which host mobile phone masts. Contracts between Buckinghamshire County Council and various mobile phone operators generate an income of £145,000 per annum, of which about £59,000 comes from contracts for masts that are installed in schools.  
- "Schools Directory". Buckinghamshire County Council. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30. Retrieved 2006-09-21.
- "Specialist Schools Home". DfES. July 2006. Archived from the original on 2006-08-03. Retrieved 2006-07-28.
- "NACE challenge award". NACE. 2008. Archived from the original on 2008-07-19. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- "Ofsted report" (PDF). Ofsted. June 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-28.[permanent dead link]
- "It's all down to confidence". Newsquest Media Group. Retrieved 11 August 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-04-04. Retrieved 2015-04-18.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Questions and Answers for County Council Meeting" (PDF). Buckinghamshire County Council. 22 January 2004. Retrieved 2007-04-16.[dead link]
- "Is there a mast near you?". News of the World. Archived from the original on 2006-12-05. Retrieved 2007-04-16.
|This Buckinghamshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|