|Also known as||Dunedin|
|Labels||Phoenix Record and Filmworks / Edgy Records|
|Past members||Ed Dudley
Influenced by Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Motörhead, UFO, Led Zeppelin, Rush and Budgie, the original lineup featured guitarists John Mortimer and Ed Dudley, vocalist Gary Lettice, bassist Robin Begg and drummer Nick Brockie. In 1983, guitar player Ed Dudley left the band, forming and releasing an album under the moniker Hologram.
The John Mortimer-led Holocaust incorporated many progressive metal, thrash metal and post-punk influences into its sound, releasing complex pieces such as the "Sound of Souls" EP and concept album "Covenant". The band's current 3-piece lineup has remained the same since 2003, releasing the album "Predator" in December 2015.
- The Nightcomers (1981)
- No Man's Land (1984)
- The Sound of Souls (1989)
- Hypnosis of Birds (1992)
- Spirits Fly (1996)
- Covenant (1997)
- The Courage to Be (2000)
- Primal (2003)
- Predator (2015)
- Live (Hot Curry & Wine) (1983)
EPs and Singles
- "Heavy Metal Mania" (1980, 7-inch)
- Heavy Metal Mania (1980, 12-inch)
- "Smokin' Valves" (1980, 7-inch)
- Smokin' Valves (1980, 12-inch)
- Live from the Raw Loud 'n' Live Tour (1981, 7-inch)
- Comin' Through (1982, 12-inch)
- Heavy Metal Mania '93 (1993, CD)
- Expander (2013, CD)
- NWOBHM '79 Revisited (1990)
- Smokin' Valves: The Anthology (2003)
- Live from the Raw Loud 'n' Live Tour (1981, VHS; 2004, DVD)
- Metallica covered the song "The Small Hours" on their 1987 EP The $5.98 EP: Garage Days Re-Revisited and their album Garage Inc.
- Gamma Ray covered the song "Heavy Metal Mania" on their 1996 live album Alive '95. There was also a studio version released as a bonus song with their 1995 album Land of the Free. Later on in 2013 Gamma Ray recorded the song "Death or Glory" for their EP "Master of Confusion".
- Six Feet Under covered the song "Death or Glory" from The Nightcomers album on their 1997 Warpath record.
|This article on a United Kingdom rock music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|