|Look up holocaust in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The Holocaust was a genocide perpetrated by the Nazis, that killed around 11 million people, the majority of whom were Jews.
Holocaust may also refer to:
- Armenian Holocaust, the Ottoman government's systematic extermination of its minority Armenian subjects during and after World War I
- Indian Holocaust, referred to by some writers when discussing the centuries of massacres of Native Americans perpetrated by immigrants
- Guatemalan genocide, also known as the "Silent Holocaust", genocide of Mayan peoples during the Guatemalan Civil War
- Isaaq genocide, also known as the "Hargreisa Holocaust", the systematic, state-sponsored massacre of Isaaq civilians between 1988 and 1991 by the Somali Democratic Republic under the dictatorship of Siad Barre
- Asian Holocaust, the mass murder of 3 to 14 million civilians and prisoners of war across East Asia and the Pacific by Imperial Japan's military.
- Sikh Holocaust (disambiguation), either of two 18th century mass killings by Afghanis of Sikhs in the Punjab region, that resulted in 30,000 to 40,000 deaths
- Herero and Namaqua genocide, was a campaign of racial extermination and collective punishment that the German Empire undertook in German South West Africa (modern-day Namibia) against the Herero, Nama and San people.
- African Holocaust (Maafa), a term sometimes used by activists to refer to the history of atrocities committed against black people
- Nuclear holocaust, the hypothetical annihilation of human civilization in the event of a global nuclear war
- Holocaust (sacrifice), an ancient sacrifice or offering from which the name was derived
- Holocaust trivialization, the practise of abusing the term "Holocaust" and thereby diminishing its significance
- Holocaust (band), Scottish heavy metal band
- Holocaust (comics), a fictional character in Marvel Comics
- Holocaust (DC Comics), a fictional character in Milestone and DC Comics
- Holocaust (miniseries), a 1978 American television miniseries
- "Holocaust", a song from the 1978 album Third/Sister Lovers by Big Star
- "Holocaust", a song by Turkish rapper Ceza
- All pages with a title containing holocaust
- Names of the Holocaust
- Shoah (disambiguation)
- Holocausto (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Holocaust.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.