Holt Town tram stop
Holt Town tram stop, in January 2017
Location of Holt Town in Greater Manchester
|Fare zone information|
|Present status||In operation|
|Opened||8 February 2013 (preview)
11 February 2013(full)
|UK Trams portal|
Holt Town is a tram stop on the East Manchester Line (EML) of Greater Manchester's light-rail Metrolink system. The station opened on 11 February 2013, after a three-day free trial for local residents. The station was constructed as part of Phase 3a of the Metrolink's expansion, and is located beside the River Medlock in Holt Town, an area between Ancoats and Bradford in Manchester, England.
Services are mostly every 12 minutes on all routes.
Connecting bus routes
Holt Town is served by Stagecoach Manchester services 216 and 231, which both stop nearby on Ashton New Road. Service 216 replicates the tram route between Piccadilly Gardens and Droylsden before continuing to Ashton-under-Lyne, while the 231 runs from Manchester to Ashton via Littlemoss and Smallshaw.
- "It's the final countdown". Transport for Greater Manchester. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 7 February 2013.
- Kirby, Dean (4 December 2012). "Opening of Metrolink tram service to Droylsden delayed until February 2013". Archived from the original on 7 December 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Droylsden’s new Metrolink line to open in February". Transport for Greater Manchester. 7 December 2012. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Metrolink - Holt Town station" (PDF). Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Holt Town Metrolink station.|
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
|Altrincham – Etihad Campus Line||
|Eccles – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
|This article on a railway station in Greater Manchester is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United Kingdom rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|