Holy Cross Cemetery (San Diego)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Holy Cross was dedicated in 1919 for the exclusive use of Roman Catholics, with expansions in 1945 and 1956. The mausoleum, with its distinctive blue roof visible from California State Route 94, is a landmark of San Diego.
- Charles F. Buddy (1887-1936), first bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Diego
- Leo Thomas Maher (1915-1991), third bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Diego
- Charlotte Henry (1914-1980), actress
- Johnny Downs (1913-1994), actor
- Andrew Cunanan (1969-1997), serial killer, murderer of Gianni Versace
- Anita Page (1910-2008), actress
- Lewis D. Thill (1903-1975), Wisconsin congressmen
- Mallios, Seth and Caterino, David M. Cemeteries of San Diego. Arcadia Publishing. 2007.
- Southeastern San Diego Community Plan, http://www.sandiego.gov/planning/community/profiles/southeasternsd/pdf/sesdcpplnnbhdelemcentralsec3.pdf