Holy Cross Girls' High School (Dhaka)
|Holy Cross Girls' High School|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic (Sisters of the Holy Cross)|
|School board||Dhaka Education Board|
|Headmistress||Rani Catherine Gomes|
|Grades||1 to 10|
Holy Cross Girls' High School is a Catholic primary and secondary school for girls, located at Tejgaon in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It serves students from class 1 through class 10. Although run by the Roman Catholic Church, the school is open to students of all religions.
The Sisters of the Holy Cross started Holy Cross Girls' High School near the Holy Rosary Church in 1951 as a kindergarten with two students. The next year it became a primary school. Later it was accredited by the Dhaka Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education as a high school serving students through class 10. The first batch of students from the school sat their Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examinations in 1966. By that time, the school had humanities and science sections. It opened a commerce section in 1999.
Awards and recognition
- Gomej, Rani Cathrine (2012). "Holy Cross Girls' High School". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Education - Bangladesh". Sisters of the Holy Cross.
- "Holy Cross Science Fair". Star Campus. The Daily Star. 27 April 2008.
- "Dhaka's top 10 schools". The Daily Star. 10 July 2005.
- "Viqarunnisa, Ideal, Monipur school on top". The Daily Star. 13 June 2007.
- "Rajuk school the best". The Daily Star. 16 May 2010.
|This article about a building or structure in Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Bangladesh school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|