Holy Rosary Church, Dhaka
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Holy Rosary Church|
|Priest(s)||Fr. Albert T. Rozario|
|Assistant priest(s)||Fr. Ignatius Parimal Rozario
Fr. Ronjit C. Gomes
Fr. Mintu L. Palma
Holy Rosary Church is a Roman Catholic church in the Tejgaon area of Dhaka. It is also known as Tejgaon Church and once popularly called the Japmala Queen Church. Under this Catholic church has 15,650 Catholics. Fr. Albert T. Rozario is parish priest of this church and Fr. Mintu L. Palma, Fr. Ronjit C. Gomes and Fr. Ignatius Parimal Rozario are serving there as assistant parish priest. Each Sunday Catholics gather there for Sunday mass and thousands devotee join there.
Portuguese Augustinian missionaries introduced Christianity in Dhaka. The second church of Dhaka was built in 1677 at Tejgaon. But this one is the oldest example that can be found.
The church was renovated three times. In 1714, 1940 and the last renovation was in 2000.
The difference between the width of walls and the parts of the roof suggest that the eastern part of the Church was built later.
Parish Priest : Fr. Albert T. Rozario Assist. Priest : Fr. Ignatius Parimal Rozario Assist. Priest : Fr. Mintu L. Palma Catholics : 15,650
- Mamoon, Muntassir (2003). Dhaka Shomogro (in Bengali). Dhaka: Ananya. ISBN 9844123690.
- Mamoon, Muntassir (1993). Dhaka, Smrti Bismrtira Nogori (in Bengali). Dhaka: Bamla Ekademi. ISBN 9840731424.
- Mamoon, Muntassir (1984). Discover the Monuments of Bangladesh - A Guide to Their History, Location and Development. Dhaka: University Press. ISBN 9844123690.
- Rahman, Gazi Md. Mizanur (2012). "Holy Rosary Church". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Tejgaon Parish". Catholic Bishops' Conference of Bangladesh.