Holy Spirit University of Kaslik
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||When the Spirit of truth comes, he will lead you to the whole truth|
|President||Reverend Father Talal Hachem|
|Vice-president||Reverend Father Elias Hanna|
|Students||7340 (Fall 2017–2018)|
|Campus||Suburban 12 acres (49,000 m2)|
The Holy Spirit University of Kaslik (in French: Université Saint-Esprit de Kaslik (USEK); in Arabic: جامعة الرّوح القدس – الكسليك Jāmi'aẗ Al Rūḥ Al Qudus – Al Kaslīk), is a private Catholic university in Mount Lebanon, founded in 1938 by the Lebanese Maronite Order (LMO). USEK is multilingual but French is the most common language at the university. The university has eleven faculties and four Institutes employing 900 teachers and researchers.
USEK is located on the shore of the Bay of Kaslik, on the east coast of the Mediterranean. USEK’s main campus is located in Jounieh, 15 km north of the Lebanese capital Beirut, 10 km south of Byblos and 50 km south of Tripoli. There are three other campuses further inland, in Zahle, Chekka and Rmeich.
USEK enrols about 7500 students. It is the third largest university in Lebanon after Lebanese University (public university) and Saint Joseph University (private university). The student alumni body numbers about 20,000.
Since 1997, the Faculty of Business and Commercial Sciences has been a member of the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) and also the headquarters of the Secretariat General of the Association of the Faculties of Business of Arab Universities, Arab Society of Faculties of Business Administration (ASFBA). The accreditation comes from the European University Association (EUA). The university is a member of the International Network of the Quality Assurance Agency in Higher Education, and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) (US). The university is also accredited by the Evalag Accreditation and Quality Assurance Agency. The USEK library is a member of the LLA (Lebanese Library Association) and the MELCOM (Middle East Library Committee, Tma, Herimed), and the European Association of Middle East Librarians.
On 31 July 2010, USEK launched its project, "Let's Go Green for a Sustainable Future! Towards a Carbon Neutral University". It aims to transform the university into a carbon neutral, resource efficient, zero emissions, internationally certified educational institution. All existing and new buildings will abide by LEED certifications. The "Francois Bassil Medical School" will be designed and built, in order to obtain a Platinum LEED certification.
- Pontifical Faculty of Theology (1950).
- Faculty of Philosophy and Humanities (1950)
- Faculty of Letters (1950)
- Faculty of Law (1950)
- Faculty of Business and Commercial Sciences (1966)
- Faculty of Music (1970)
- Faculty of Fine and Applied Arts (1974)
- Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences (1988)
- Faculty of Medicine and Medical Sciences (2001)
- Faculty of Sciences (2000)
- Faculty of Engineering (2010)
- Institute of Liturgy (1969)
- Institute of History (1972)
- Higher Institute of Nursing Sciences (1999)
- Higher Institute of Political and Administrative Sciences (2006)
- Doctoral college.
- Phoenix centre for Lebanese studies (2008)
- Higher research centre.
- Latin American studies and cultures centre (LASCC) (2010)
International Relations Office
The International Relations Office manages all the partnership and cooperation agreements established between USEK and other local and foreign higher education institutions: 26 general conventions, 9 cooperation agreements with national institutions, 95 cooperation agreements with foreign higher education institutions, as well as 18 tripartite agreements with the partnership of the Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF).
- Annales de Philosophie et des Sciences Humaines
- Annales de Recherche Scientifique
- Cahiers Annuels de la Faculté Pontificale de Théologie
- Cahiers de Philosophie et de Théologie
- Libellé (Le)
- Parole de l'Orient
- Revue de la Faculté des Beaux-Arts et des Arts Appliqués
- Revue des Lettres et de Traduction
- Revue Juridique de l'USEK
- Revue Théologique de Kaslik
- حاليّات الاجتهاد
- مجلّة العربيّة للعلوم الاقتصاديّة والإداريّة
- List of universities in Lebanon
- Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Notre Dame des Secours Jbeil
- Official site.
- "INQAAHE" Inqaahe.org website