Jump to navigation Jump to search
Taken from Holyrood Park in 2004. From left to right: Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh Castle, Scottish Parliament Building, Palace of Holyroodhouse, Scott Monument, Balmoral Hotel clock tower and Nelson's Monument.
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Holyrood includes the following sites:
- The modern Scottish Parliament Building. For this reason "Holyrood" is often used in contemporary media as a metonym for the Scottish Government.
- The Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official residence of the monarch in Scotland.
- The ruins of Holyrood Abbey
- Holyrood Park, an expansive royal park to the south and east of the palace.
- Dynamic Earth.
- A number of residential, light commercial, and government properties.