Holywell beach adjoins the settlement to the northwest and Penhale Camp, formally an army training establishment that was regularly used by cadets, is half-a-mile to the southwest. On the north side of Holywell beach Holywell Cave is accessible at low tide and contains many pools formed by natural buildup of minerals. In the cave is St Cubert's holy well.
Holywell bay is also the residence of both Maia Garner and Louis Garner, athletes that have represented Great Britain in Surf Lifesaving Sport.
Many of the scenes in Poldark (2015 TV series) were filmed on the beach.
- Place-names in the Standard Written Form (SWF) : List of place-names agreed by the MAGA Signage Panel Archived 2013-05-15 at the Wayback Machine.. Cornish Language Partnership.
- Ordnance Survey: Landranger map sheet 200 Newquay & Bodmin ISBN 978-0-319-22938-5
-  Wikimapia website, retrieved April 2010
- Secret Shrines: In a Dark Sea Cave....by Paul Broadhurst
- Ellis, P. B. (1992) The Cornish Saints. Penryn: Tor Mark Press, pp. 9-10
-  BBC website; news of Burley's death at Holywell; retrieved April 2010
Media related to Holywell, Cornwall at Wikimedia Commons
|This Cornwall location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|