|Time zone||SLT (UTC+5:30)|
|Postal Code||10200 |
Homagama is a town in Colombo District, Western Province of Sri Lanka, 24 km from the city of Colombo. The Homagama pradeshiya sabha consists of the Homagama divisional secretariat division and 10 GN division of Padukka DS division. The total Land area is about is 137 km² of 90 GN division. The Pradeshiya sabha was established under act No 15 of 1987. Homagama is the largest population pradeshiya sabha in Sri Lanka. It is home to many important places like the Panagoda Military Base, Army Headquarters, Upali Newspapers,Mahinda Rajapaksa College Homagama, Homagama Maha Vidyalaya, Central College, Presidents's College, St. Michael's College, Ceylon Biscuits Limited ,Duminda Motors International, Laxapana Battery Company, ELID, Midaya Ceramic Co. (Pvt) Ltd.
According to the census of 2012, the demographics of Homagama by ethnicity is as follows.
|No||Ethnicity||Population||% Of Total|
|2||Sri Lankan Tamils||1,907||0.81|
|3||Sri Lankan Moors||508||0.22|
Homagama is served by the Kelani Valley Line with 16 trains a day connecting Homagama with Colombo Maradana and Avissawella. It has two railway stations: One is located 300m north of Homagama junction along Athurugiriya Rd and the second is opposite the hospital.
Homagama has a significant amount of bus service.
Bus routes heading through Homagama:
- 99 - Colombo - Badulla - Welimada - Passara
- 122 - Colombo - Avissawella - Ratnapura - Embilipitiya - Suriyawewa - Rakwana
- 124 - Maharagama - Ihala Bope
- 125 - Pettah - Padukka - Ingiriya
- 128 - Kottawa - Kiriwattuduwa - Yakahaluwa
- 128/1 - Maharagama - Munamalewatta
- 129 - Kottawa - Moragahahena
- 69 - Maharagama - Hatton
Bus routes terminating at Homagama:
- 138 - Pettah
- 203 - Horagala
- 219 - Hanwella (via Meegoda)
- 293 - Hanwella (via Godagama)
- 299 - Lenegala
- 308 - Kottawa (via Niyandagala)
- 313 - Kalubowila
- 366 - Halbarawa
- 392 - Migodadeniya
- 697 - Kaduwela (via Athurugiriya)
- 698 - Kaduwela (via Panagoda)
- 128 - Homagama - Gonapola
- 128/2 - Pansala Handiya
- 128/3 - Govijanapadaya
- 149 -piliyandala via (kahathuduwa)
Homagama is also served by the A4 Highway.