||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
Homayoun Ershadi in 2008
March 25, 1947
Ershadi was born in Isfahan, Iran in 1947. He studied architecture in Italy and worked in that field. Acclaimed Iranian New Wave director Abbas Kiarostami chose him to play the leading role in Taste of Cherry. A non-professional actor, who started acting in his middle age, he has had immediate success in both cinema and television, with his expressionless, relaxed face and monotonous voice often giving his characters an intellectual personality.
Most recently he can be seen in the film The Kite Runner, playing the role of Baba.
- Ta'm-e gilas (Taste of Cherry), 1997
- Derakht-e golabi (The Pear Tree), 1998
- Mozahem (Disturbant), 2002
- Sima-ye zani dar doordast (Portrait of a Lady Far Away), 2005
- Rang-e doost (Color of Friend), 2006
- The Kite Runner, 2007, featuring him as Baba
- Aal, 2008
- Agora, 2009
- Facing Mirrors (2011)
- Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- A Most Wanted Man (2014)
- Utopia (2015)
- French, Howard W. (31 December 2006). "Where to Shoot an Epic About Afghanistan? China, Where Else?". The New York Times. pp. (p. 2). Retrieved 2007-02-15.
|This article about an Iranian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|