Homayoun Ershadi in 2016
March 25, 1947 |
Ershadi was born in Isfahan, Iran in 1947. He studied architecture in Italy and worked as an Architect for many years. He was "discovered" as an actor by acclaimed Iranian new wave film director, Abbas Kiarostami. While Ershadi was sitting in his car in traffic in Tehran he was approached by Kiarostami and eventually chosen to play the leading role in the film, Taste of Cherry. As a non-professional actor, who started acting in his middle age, he has had immediate success in both cinema and television, with his expressionless, relaxed face and monotonous voice often giving his characters an intellectual personality.
- Ta'm-e gilas (Taste of Cherry), (1997)
- Derakht-e golabi (The Pear Tree), (1998)
- Mozahem (Disturbant), 2002
- Sima-ye zani dar doordast (in English, "Portrait of a Lady Far Away") (2005)
- Rang-e doost (in English, "Color of Friend") (2006)
- The Kite Runner, (2007) featuring Ershadi as Baba
- Aal (2008)
- Agora, (2009)
- Facing Mirrors (2011)
- Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- A Most Wanted Man (2014)
- Utopia (2015)
- Ali and Nino (2016)
- The Last Inhabitant (2016)
- Kerr, Euan (2007-12-27). "Homayoun Ershadi's strange trip to stardom". Minnesota Public Radio (MPR). Minnesota Public Radio (MPR). Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "Review: ‘Portrait of a Lady Far Away’". Variety Magazine. Penske Business Media LLC. 2005-07-05.
- "The Pear Tree". The Film Sufi. 2013-02-28. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- French, Howard W. (31 December 2006). "Where to Shoot an Epic About Afghanistan? China, Where Else?". The New York Times. pp. (p. 2). Retrieved 2007-02-15.
- "Facing Mirrors cast". IMDB. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- Debruge, Peter (2016-02-05). "Sundance Film Review: ‘Ali and Nino’". Variety Magazine. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- The last inhabitant at National Cinema Center of Armenia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Homayoun Ershadi.|
|This article about an Iranian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|