This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shajarian during a concert in Milad Tower in 2013
|Birth name||Homayoun Shajarian|
|Born||May 21, 1975|
|Genres||Persian traditional music|
Homayoun Shajarian (Persian: همايون شجريان) (born 21 May 1975) is a Persian classical music and Persian classical crossover vocalist, and a Tombak player. "Hava-ye Geryeh" is one of his most famous songs. He has one daughter, Yasmine Shajarian.
He was born in Tehran in a music-dedicated family. He is the son of Mohammad Reza Shajarian, the grand master vocalist of Persian traditional music. Upon his father's advice, he began studying knowledge of technique and rhythm under supervision of Nasser Farhangfar, master of the tombak, a Persian hand drum, at the age of five. Afterwards, he also continued learning the tombak under Jamshid Mohebbi's supervision. He commenced learning Persian traditional vocal Avaz at the age of ten, alongside his older sisters under their father’s supervision and gained knowledge of Avaz techniques and voice-producing. Simultaneously, he attended Tehran Conservatory of Music and chose Kamancheh as his professional instrument as well as being tutored by Ardeshir Kamkar. In 1991, he accompanied father in concerts of Ava Music Ensemble in the US, Europe and Iran, playing Tombak; and from 1999 on, started accompanying father also on vocals. His first independent work Nassim-e Vasl, composed by Mohammad Javad Zarrabian, was released on his 28th birthday, on 21 May 2003.
- Nasim-e vasl
- Showq-e doost
- Naghsh-e khiyal
- Ba setareh ha
- Gheyzhaak-e kouli
- Khorshid-e arezoo
- Ab, nan, Avaz
- Shab-e jodayi
- Showq nameh
- Ey jan-e jan bi man maro
- Beyond Any Form
- Neither Angel Nor Devil
- The Occult And The Intoxicated (persian: Mastoor o Mast)
- The Lords Of Secrets (Persian: Khodavandane Asrar)
- Rag-e Khaab
- Emshab Kenar-e Ghazalhaye Man Bekhab
- My Iran (Persian: Irane Man)
Life events chronology
- 1975: Born on 21 May
- 1985: Began Studying Avaz with his sisters under his father's supervision
- 1991: Joined Ava Music Ensemble, playing tombak
- 1994: Performed Qassedak concerts around Europe with his father and Parviz Meshkatian
- 1999: Started singing with his father in concerts
- 2000: Accompanied his father in works including Dad-o-Bidad and Zemestan in Europe, US, and Canada concerts (e.g., with Masters of Persian Music)
- 2002: Accompanied his father in Rast-Panjgah and Morakkab Khani in Europe and Canada concerts
- 2003: Released his first independent album: "Nassim-e Vasl"
- 2004: Released solo albums: "Na-Shakiba" and "Showq-e Doost"
- 2005: Released solo album: "Naqsh-e khiyal"
- 2006: Released solo album: "Ba Setareha"
- 2008: Released solo album (Live concert Berlin - in conjunction with Dastan Ensemble): "Ghijake Koli"
- 2008: Released solo album (Live concert Berlin - in conjunction with Dastan Ensemble): "Khorshid-e Arezoo"
- 2009: Mayeh-Ye Dashti/Mayeh-Ye Isfahan (CD) Celestial Harmonies
- 2015: Mastoor o Mast (CD-Album)
- 2015: Khodavandane Asrar
- 2017: Rage Khab
Homayoun Shajarian & Sohrab Pournazeri & Delina Aram
- Main material translated from Persian Language, from Mohammad Reza Shajarian's company web site Delawaz.
- (in Persian) homayounshajarian.blogfa.com (fan site)