Home2 Suites by Hilton
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Hilton Hotels Corporation|
|Headquarters||Memphis, Tennessee, U.S.|
Number of locations
|More than 60|
|United States, Canada, Mexico|
|Bill Duncan, Global Head r|
Home2 Suites by Hilton is a mid-tier, all-suite extended-stay hotel featuring contemporary accommodations and customizable guest room design. This member of the Hilton Worldwide portfolio of hotels will compete with Marriott TownePlace and InterContinental Hotels Group's Candlewood Suites. The Memphis, TN-based hotel brand offers an affordable price point within the extended-stay segment, targeting both business and leisure travelers. Launched in January 2009, Home2 Suites by Hilton was the first new brand introduced by Hilton Worldwide in 20 years. Home2 Suites hotels are 100% franchised.
Home2 Suites by Hilton broke ground in Fayetteville, NC in December 2009 on its first property, which opened as the brand’s inaugural hotel in February 2011. Home2 Suites opened its 50th hotel in 2015 while international expansion into Mexico and Canada anticipated to continue through the years.
Design & Construction
Home2 Suites interiors and exteriors were originally designed by Cincinnati-based design, architecture and brand strategy firm FRCH Design Worldwide. The majority of Home2 Suites hotels will be new constructions and follow a standard layout and design model. Properties are constructed in less than one year and feature 108 suites, 56,658 total square feet of property, 4,200 square feet (390 m2) of community space, 323-square-foot (30.0 m2) studios, 490-square-foot (46 m2) one-bedroom suites, a four-story wood frame construction and a building footprint of under 2 acres (8,100 m2).
Properties and Development
Home2 Suites by Hilton has an immediate focus on developing properties in the United States, Mexico and Canada. The brand currently has over 126 hotels open, as of December 2016.
Home2 Suites by Hilton suites provide separate living and bedroom areas featuring the proprietary Home2 Suites "working wall" which incorporates a kitchen and flexible working/media area. Each kitchen is fully accessorized including a refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, microwave oven, coffee maker and place settings for six. The working/media space includes a queen-size sofa/sleeper, flat screen TV, a roll-around ottoman, ambient and task lighting, an alarm clock, and furniture that can be moved to create a customized living space and adjustable storage options.
Additional hotel amenities include a saline-based pool, patios with grills, outdoor seating areas, a 24-hour business center, 100% pet friendly environment, and an integrated guest laundry and exercise space.
Research shows that guests in extended-stay settings often seek community and connection after several days, even if it means they are singularly working among others in a common space. To help address that need, all Home2 Suites properties feature an open lobby area with an approximately 4,200-square-foot (390 m2) community space called the "Oasis." The Oasis is designed to create an environment where guests can socialize, and includes communal and individual work zones, a 52" flat-screen TV and a complimentary "Inspired Table" breakfast service with a variety of customizable options. Other features of the Oasis include the Home2 MKT stocked with grab-and-go items, the Spin2 Cycle combined laundry and fitness area, and a business zone offering computers, wireless printing and complimentary Wi-Fi access.
Sustainability is a key design feature and point of emphasis for Home2 Suites, with the brand incorporating various environmentally conscious operations and amenities into each hotel. Guest suites feature low-flow showers and faucets, compact fluorescent light bulbs, dual-flush toilets, biodegradable food trays, recycled flooring and carpet tiles, Energy Star appliances, bulk bath amenities and other sustainable product selections. In addition, each hotel features a saline-based pool, surfaces made from recycled content, and landscaping that includes indigenous-only plants to minimize water usage and irrigation needs. Home2 Suites hotels will also incorporate Hilton Worldwide’s LightStay system, which measures energy use, water consumption, waste and carbon output to help minimize the environmental impact of each property. The Home2 Suites in Lexington Park is the brand’s first LEED-certified property.
- Sheivachman, A. (2011, March 18). Hilton looks to future at Home2 Suites grand opening. Hotel & Motel Management. Retrieved from http://www.hospitalityworld network.com/north-america-caribbean/n,-looks-to-future-at-home2-suites-grand-opening
- De Lollis, B. (2011, February 7). Hilton opens first Home2 Suites extended stay hotel. USA Today. Retrieved from http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/post/2011/02/hilton-home2-suites-extended-stay-hotel-first-property/141991/1
- Sainz, A. (2011, February 2). Hilton opening first new brand in 20 years. Associated Press. Retrieved from http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wireStory?id=12822912
- Olivo, B. (2010, September 8). South Texas Building slated to house Home2 Suites. San Antonio Express-News. Retrieved from http://blog.mysanantonio.com/downtown/2010/09/south-texas-building-slated-to-house-home2-suites/
- Lodging. (2011, January 7). Home2 Suites arrives. Retrieved from http://www.lodging magazine.com/PastIssues/PastIssues/Home2-Suites-Arrives-2122.aspx
- Hotel Chatter. (2011, January 14). Hilton's new Home2 Suites brand to open first location on February 3. Retrieved from http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2011/1/14/92947/8934/hotels/Hilton_s_New_Home2_Suites_Brand_to_Open_First_Location_on_ February_3
- Zennie, M. (2011, February 4). Fayetteville's new hotel has a different approach. Fayetteville Observer. Retrieved from http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2011/02/04/1068582?sac=Bus
- Holmes, A. (2010, October 4). Hilton opens its first Jacksonville location. Jacksonville Daily News. Retrieved from http://www.jdnews.com/articles/jacksonville-83324-location-hotel.html
- Hasek, G. (2011, March 18). My first impressions after visiting Hilton Worldwide’s first Home2 Suites hotel. Green Lodging News. Retrieved from http://www.greenlodgingnews.com/my-first-impressions-after-visiting-hilton-worldwides
- Higley, J. (2011, March 17). Home2 Suites: Is it extended-stay? HotelNewsNow.com. Retrieved from: http://www.hotelnewsnow.com/Articles/9846/Home2-Suites-Is-it-extended-stay