Home (David Murray album)
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||October 31 & November 1, 1981|
|Producer||Giovanni Bonandrini, David Murray|
|David Murray Octet chronology|
Home is an album by David Murray released in 1982 on the Italian Black Saint label and the second to feature his Octet. It features performances by Murray, Henry Threadgill, Olu Dara, Lawrence "Butch" Morris, George E. Lewis, Anthony Davis, Wilbur Morris and Steve McCall.
|Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
The Allmusic review by Scott Yanow awarded the album 4½ stars, stating, "All of the brilliant players have their opportunities to make strong contributions to Murray's five originals (best known of which is "3-D Family"), and the leader's writing is consistently colorful and unpredictable. Recommended.".
- "Home" – 5:58
- "Santa Barbara and Crenshaw Follies" – 7:30
- "Choctaw Blues" – 7:20
- "Last of the Hipmen" – 9:12
- "3-D Family" – 8:35
All compositions by David Murray
- Recorded at Right Track Recording Studios, NYC, October 31 & November 1, 1981
- David Murray – tenor saxophone, bass clarinet
- Henry Threadgill – alto saxophone, flute, alto flute
- Olu Dara – trumpet
- Lawrence "Butch" Morris – cornet
- George E. Lewis – trombone
- Anthony Davis – piano
- Wilber Morris – bass
- Steve McCall – drums
- Black Saint catalogue
- Cook, Richard; Brian Morton (2008) . "David Murray". The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings. The Penguin Guide to Jazz (9th ed.). New York: Penguin. p. 1059. ISBN 978-0-14-103401-0.
- Yanow, S. Allmusic Review accessed July 6, 2011
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. pp. 150. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.